Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If price for ammo wasn't a problem, what gun would you shoot most. I do my own reloading so I shoot a .45ACP most often. I like to shoot it best. As far as amount of shells shot, I shoot more .22's that anything.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I reload for several calibers:9mm, .38 special, .357 mag, .41 mag, 44 mag, .45 Colt and ACP, .223, .308 ,30/06, and 30/30. I guess if price was not a problem, and I had a gun, I would like to try the .50 BMG cartridge. Looks like fun.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I'm likein' Winchester 94 30-30 and Ruger P95 9mm... But I'm lookin' to buy a Vaq in 45 soon... Got to love those "cowboy" guns...

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
My preferred calibur is the .22LR. I love this round, it's very cheap and faily accurate! Also the Ruger Mark pistols make it very fun to shoot!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
lately S&W649 2" .38-usually P97DAO-.45 is favorite caliber--learned on a High Standard Sentinel Deluxe .22 4"-shot 500 rds. weekly till I could hit every time...pity we can't get military .45 at $5/50 anymore---used to reload but no time now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
this is a hard quesion i have so many guns i love to shoot now,

i would have to say .223 at the moment for rifle and 9mm for pistol. kinda funny since they are fairly cheap now anyways but i would shoot them allot more if i could.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My favorite shooter is my XD45 Tactical. I also enjoy my P89DC. I just bought a Taurus PT1911 that is a great gun to shoot. Actually, I guess I like all af my gun's. I just don't own enough of them yet![:0]

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kansas45, I with you on liking all my guns. I have several different brands of guns and like all of them. If I get a gun I don't like I'll trade it off. I have found that most guns are good, but personal preferences cause us to like some better that others. Even us Ruger fans have the same problem. I like the P97 and my Wife likes the P345.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My favorite to shoot would be the .44mag S&W Model 29 that I have on lifetime-loan from him. My favorite shotgun to shoot has always been the little .410, but it's way too expensive for me to just go out and blast away.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If price for ammo wasn't a problem, what gun would I shoot the most?

I can't pick just one, so here go'es for the firearms I own:
-For an Iron-Sight Rifle, I would have to say Marlin's Lever Action 1894SS in 44 Magnums or Specials(the sights are just perfect the way the come and for me to allow fast targets sighting).
-For Scoped Rifle, my Ruger Mini-14, but mostly the 10/22, it's a tack driver.(I love how accurate my T/C Encore in 7mm Rem Mag, but my god, it kills me to shoot to many rounds, I like nothing to be broke in my shoulder.)
-Handgun, either of my Beretta 92FS's in Inox or Blued.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Handguns, Colt Combat Commander in .45 but followed closely by my "new" Security Six. Still working off the "new" on the 357. I carry them both. (not at the same time).
Rifle, I like my PTR-91 in .308 followed by my Colt SP1.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It changes from time to time;
8mm Mauser
7.62X54R
7.62X39
223 Rem
22 LR
22 WMR
17 Mach2
17 HMR
20 ga
32 H&R mag
357 mag

I have 22 LR in rifles and handguns, same for 32 H&R mag. Looking for a Marlin 357 mag rifle now and have some calibers in more than one type of rifle.

They are all fun.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts