Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a curious yen (but no real need) to own:

A Ruger P90 .45. I already have a P97, so I don't really need one of these tanks. I just want one.

A Taurus (or other quality brand) .44 Special snub. I already have a Ruger SP101, so the .44 Special snub is a want, not a need. I used to have a Rossi .44 Special 3" and never should've let it get away.

H&R or NEF .44 Magnum single shot rifle.

What guns do you want without really needing?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
as a rule of thumb a pistol shooter only needs a 22 pistol a 38 or 9MM and 45 auto. A deer hunter only needs one rifle and bird hunter only needs a good shot gun. I have never folded the rule of thumb lol, and any gun I see that catch's my fancy I want it need and got to have it some kind away. nuf said lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My criteria for "need" is a little more liberal: A gun that I need is any gun I don't have an analog or close match for or to.

For instance, I have a P97, so I don't really "need" a P90.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
The list could be endless.

So many wants, so little money!

3" smith 625, no---make it a 3" smith 296....wait wait---the 6.8 mini 14.
But then again there is that Ruger No. 1 RSI in 270--Then again, what about................................................!
I need help, a confessed gun-a-holic...
Truth is, i probably got everything that i need.(and no---the wife does not read my posts) But there is always room to broaden my horizons.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
For some time I've wanted a gun that was carried and used in WWII Europe by an American soldier. I've never looked into what that would cost, and it wouldn't have to be in great shape, but that's a definite 'want' and not 'need.'

I was going to say a great looking shotgun, side-by-side or over/under. But that might actually be a 'need.' ;)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I forgot about this one, another gun my neighbor has, a fun little .22 from Browning. But there's something about this thing, it just feels GREAT when I pick it up, I love the grip, the weight and the balance. I sure don't need it, but this thing just jumps into my hand!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Something belt fed.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, even a 10-22 with a 500-round belt would be fun...or a Mini-14 with 100-rd. belt...but we know we're dreaming...especially with the cost of ammo!!!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Yeah, even a 10-22 with a 500-round belt would be fun...or a Mini-14 with 100-rd. belt...but we know we're dreaming...especially with the cost of ammo!!!
http://www.tacticalinc.com/ruger-1022-gatling-machined-aluminum-p-571.html
when you open this link, click on the smaller pic of the gun and it is a video demo. turn the volume up--50 rds fired in nothing flat!

seems i've seen a belt feed 10/22 somewhere out there also---gun digest? some type of conversion.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Cool and cool again-American ingenuity!!! What would one in .308 be worth when things get busy here!!! The alternate squeeze-release mechanism should mean it's legal...but that's one I'm not calling them to ask!!!

·
Banned
298 Posts
Smith 4506
Mini 14
Anything 30-40 Krag
30-30 lever
44 mag rifle
Benelli nova 12 ga
Beretta 96
Bren Ten (still searching for this. Every week that goes by, I would pay more)

etc....

·
Registered
156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

Heck I don't "need" what I already got, let alone all the one's I want!
There it is, there, gunman. Sorry, ol' Sheep, I gotta agree with gunman on this one. But that sure hasn't stopped me from feeding my addiction. Probably the toughest one to justify is the Alaskan .44. Certainly doesn't fit many "needs", but I absolutely HAD to have it. Now I have two. Don't ask, it's a long story, but let's just say that a certain very good friend of mine is madder than a wet hen because I beat him to a steal of a deal. We have a long history of horse trading with and swindling" each other, and he is much better at it than I am. But lately I've turned the tables on him, and have beat him on a couple of smoking deals. I'll share one good story on another thread. Has to do with an infamous hunting trailer with a checkered past.

Peace and God bless, Wolfie.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah and watch BOTH of you pop up done bought another one before I do...sounds noble but I ain't believin' it...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts