Ruger Forum banner

5641 - 5660 of 5676 Posts

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,715 Posts
Got a box of 50 Speer shot-shell capsules. My revolver handloads for snakes farted out the other night, 3 of 5 failing to do more than go "pop," forcing me to go retrieve the shotgun to dispatch a Copperhead I had wounded. Should have bought the capsules (though the factory ones do jump and lock up a snubbie after a single shot, even in a .357 revolver). You can push them back if a second shot is needed, something I like for insurance.

It's handy to have a small gun handy, but the CCI factory loads are pricey and we had a slew of Copperheads on the farm recently (killed six in the past 2 years). After going through 1 box and part of a second (12 of 20 rounds) I decided it is time to roll my own...professionally now, with Speer capsules, good brass, and #9 shot from some dissected shotgun shells.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wounded one last Saturday with CCI 9mm shotshell... should have been carrying my 45acp with the shotshells...it was a water snake on log in creek at our minnow trap hole...

Daughter said kill it Dad, I don't wanna come down here and have it surprise me.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ordered a new guide rod for my XDm 10mm 4hat allows the use of 1911 recoil springs. I have a 26# spring waiting to get my gun back from getting a custom holster made.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought some Unique and some WLP primers . Just got my order in to MidSouth Shooters Supply I got Lee roll crimp dies one in 44mag and 357mag and also 41mag . I also went ahead and got some bullets so can't wait til they get here

·
Forlorn Hope
400 Posts
2 boxes of 9mm FMJ for a trip to the range.

And ordered a special custom IWB holster I came up with for my LC9s Pro from Pyntek...

(will be two tone Kyex with a special shoulder strap)

5641 - 5660 of 5676 Posts