Ruger Forum banner

5701 - 5720 of 5736 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Got a set of G10 grips by VZ for my mk iv 22/45. Also, just ordered more moon clips for my S&W 625 & 627. Finally, in that same order 5 more magpul 300 blackout specific mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,075 Posts
Dillon Precision RT 1500 trimmer with extra cutting blade and 223 sizing/trimming die and lock ring. Called Hornady and ordered a couple of the 5/1000 shims. Looking at about 2500 .223 cases and the Frankford trimmer or the old hand crank trimmers are not doing it for me....................supposedly the trimmers are back ordered and should be here when bass fishing dries up or freezes out (I don't and won't ice fish).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lil something something was delivered today...

So got it installed tonight...much better rifle balance than having the ABL hanging off obj end of the scope.

Put a couple rubber bands around the scope and the focus ring filler clamp...

Torqued down the screws...

Close up of the filler ring...I had the seam clocked at 12 & 6...but it got a lil off when I leveled the ABL to top of my upper pic rail...oh well good nuf...

Reinstalled the sunshade...

Very good mod and the ABL is now rock solid and I can rotate my focus ring without the ABL rotating.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I decided last week that I wouldn't mind a few extra mags for my Mini 14. I looked online but everyone, including Ruger, is sold out except for Pro Mag versions. I decided to check in my area but so far I've had no luck in the four places I've looked. So Sunday night I made two orders online:

1. I ordered a couple of 20 round mags from Ruger. As expected, I got a "backorder" notice from them. Unexpectedly, they have no estimate for when it will be filled. However, I figure they will have them as soon as anyone else and I can wait.
2. I found a website that still had Thermold mags. Thermold doesn't exist anymore, but their Mini 14 mags were considered the best non-Ruger alternative for a long time. The price was great, actually, 3/$25. Can't beat that.

When I was out looking for mags I saw a Mini 14 for sale. They were asking $950 for it. I guess people are beginning to have an interest in the Mini again, figuring it may avoid whatever gun bans the Dems might try and enact if they win in November.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Bought a LCP II .22lr today, got held up on the background check. Have to wait till Saturday to pick it up. My birthday is Friday, I should’ve got yesterday...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I placed an order this morning for a S&W M&P EZ9 (without thumb safety). I have the .380 version that I bought because I found an incredible deal on one. I was a little ticked because .380 is more expensive, and it was my first .380. I didn't really want to expand my "caliber catalog". Then, I'll be danged if S&W didn't come out with a 9mm version. I like everything about the EZ. Everything about it is simple, and frankly "easy". So, I finally was able to place an order for a 9mm. Now have to decide if I'll keep the .380 as well.
And I picked it up this past Saturday....yeah that's outside of 48 hours, but had forgotten about my original post.

Tore it down, cleaned it all up, lubed it, ready for the range. Checked my ammo supply...and found that while I do have some range ready 9mm, one trip to the range, and I'll be out.

But a new firearm is a new firearm. I'll probably go ahead and deplete my meager supply, and keep watching stores and online for the opportunity to replenish.

·
Registered
143 Posts
3D printed wrench for taking my MysticX apart and two vise blocks for holding suppressors in the bench vise...while taking them apart for cleaning

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,772 Posts
I ordered x2 ProMag 18 round magazines to test with the Glock G44 22LR rimfire I have tested. The mags worked and cycled without any issues. They are somewhat harder to load than the Glock mags but a mag loader that comes with the G19 helped with my old hands. Assisting my daughter with hers so I thought I would try the G44 too. I like the G44 and cycles anything I feed it but it does not compare to my SR22, Mark III 22/45, LCRx22LR or LCPII22LR. I thought I would test it and trade it(G44) but I think I will keep it and append to the collection. I like it.
*Ammo so far tested with ProMag 18 rounders x2 mags each/Will continue to test when times allows.
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
Blazer 22LR 38gr. 1235fps. LRN
Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,292 Posts
A Ruger Super Redhawk 10mm. I also own a GP100 Match Champion 10mm.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bit the boolit, after wanting one for years, and sprung for a Leupold Rimfire 2-7 X 32 . And...I got a cleaning kit, patches, and most important of all a Caldwell LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL device so my crosshairs will be shipshape and Bristol fashoin...square to the world.(Or, at least the rifle!):geek:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
4 mags for my LCP 2 .22lr, 2 for $35 on grab-a-gun.com. Bought the pistol Tuesday & was held up on the background check. To my surprise my lgs called the next day & said the checks went through, picked it up later that day after work. Love my new little friend!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ebay bid that I won...Used Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9x40 Model 113879, rings & cover for $227 shipped...

To be mounted on .50cal CVA Accura MR Cerakote/Nitride with Real tree Max-1 XT Stock & DuraSight DEAD-ON one piece scope mount when it arrives... ordered last night.

5701 - 5720 of 5736 Posts