Ruger Forum banner

5721 - 5736 of 5736 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
I ordered a Savage axis pro trigger improvement kit.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts

Baby UpLULA, got an extra mag, & my 4 mags from grab-a-gun came in. As expected the UpLULA works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
My FIRST Ruger pistol, a new Ruger-57.. That's the one introduced this year and chambered for the little 5.7x28mm.

It simply fascinated me, after ignoring the FNH pistol for decades because it's so ugly.. Clear advantages to this caliber include almost-no recoil, hence making one's subsequent shots more accurate, and high magazine capacity.. Disadvantages include high ammo cost--yes, my first 50box of 27g. ammo did cost $100!--but ammo is available including the mostly-out-of-stock Speer 40g. GoldDot at the auction sites.. The grip is a bit long front-to-back, but it's also narrow, and it feels plenty OK in my mediumish hands.. Trigger pull is long, even the active portion, but it's smooth, and the break is clean.. I have some Federal American Eagle 40g. FMJ practice rounds on the way plus a couple boxes of the expensive FNH 40g. 'Sporting' ammo.

Got it to the range yesterday where I found it easy to shoot, VERY low in recoil, 100% reliable, more accurate than any of the many Glock and S&W 'conventional' semiauto pistols I've had over the decades, and, thankfully, not nearly as loud as the 357SIGs I've had..

We'll see how this goes. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey thanks for the review on the Ruger 57...I've been considering one myself. Was originally looking at the FN 57 just to go along with my FNX45 and FN509 tactical...but you're right, the FN 57 does look a bit wonky.

I'm just waiting for Ruger to release one with a threaded barrel...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just came home with a Ruger SST Bisley .45 Convertible 5 1/2" to replace all the .45LC's I've sold in the last year, including my Redhawk convertible, 7 1/2" Blackhawk, and consecutive SN Bisley .45 convertible Twins. I just couldn't leave all that .45LC ammo lying around.

·
Registered
348 Posts
  • A dozen 30 round Pmags
  • 400 rounds of 45 acp at $20/50
  • 3 almost new condition 50 cal ammo cans, latest version
  • 4 boxes of 30-06, Federal, for $12.50/20 after rebates

·
Registered
17 Posts
500 rounds of AE 100 grain .327 Fed Mag. Right place right time. Only had a box left.

Perhaps in the coming 48 hours I should purchase reloading equipment.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,772 Posts
1.) Just ordered a Wrangler-Due Sep. 19, 2020
2.) x4(limit 4) boxes SigSauer Elite Performance 45Auto 230gr. FMJ /Had to pay $19.99 per box of 50 but could not walk away!

·
Registered
143 Posts
ML supplies...

Edit: Had some more .50cal pills waiting at home for me from FedEx delivery today...

The Thor bullets bore sizing pack...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Gun show in my town this weekend. Got grips for my Pietta 1851 Navy BP revolver, and a set of Hogue rosewood finger groove GP100 grips, $30 for both, out the door.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Brought home the new CVA Accura MR .50cal today...

Mounted the Leupold Ultimate Slam ML 3-9x40...

Then cleaned the shipping grease out of the barrel...whew...I've never seen so much shipping grease. I must of swabbed the barrel 100 times!

5721 - 5736 of 5736 Posts