Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've been cruising through these boards from time to time for a while now and finally decided to sign up. Great stuff and looks to be some super friendly folks around here, which is always refreshing.

I'm curious about a good holster and wondering if someone can hook me up with more info. I've got a P95 and am awaiting my CHL to arrive...took the class back at the start of October so I'm anticipating the license in the next couple of weeks.

Okay, I don't have much extra padding in the waistline, thankfully. My pants/shorts that I usually wear to tend to fit slightly big...36 jeans on a 34 waist. What I'm looking for is a behind the back IWB holster that rides high on the beltline. I don't want to be sitting on the barrel when I'm driving or out eating, etc. I could also carry on my hip if need be, but want the gun to sit high. I won't be carrying all the time, as in Texas it is illegal to carry your weapon into the school and I'm a teacher. The cost is also of slight issue, as I mentioned before I'm a teacher and therefore extra cash is a luxury.

I've been reading through tonight and have noticed a lot of people like the http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=35]Don Hume and the http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html]Split Decision. Do either of these fit what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Chris M

Hi guys. I've been cruising through these boards from time to time for a while now and finally decided to sign up. Great stuff and looks to be some super friendly folks around here, which is always refreshing.

I'm curious about a good holster and wondering if someone can hook me up with more info. I've got a P95 and am awaiting my CHL to arrive...took the class back at the start of October so I'm anticipating the license in the next couple of weeks.

Okay, I don't have much extra padding in the waistline, thankfully. My pants/shorts that I usually wear to tend to fit slightly big...36 jeans on a 34 waist. What I'm looking for is a behind the back IWB holster that rides high on the beltline. I don't want to be sitting on the barrel when I'm driving or out eating, etc. I could also carry on my hip if need be, but want the gun to sit high. I won't be carrying all the time, as in Texas it is illegal to carry your weapon into the school and I'm a teacher. The cost is also of slight issue, as I mentioned before I'm a teacher and therefore extra cash is a luxury.

I've been reading through tonight and have noticed a lot of people like the http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=35]Don Hume and the http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html]Split Decision. Do either of these fit what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I am considering the same thing and I am just about the same size, 34 with 36 in jeans. I am wondering if the P95 will be too big and heavy to carry IWB.The links to Don Hume were very interesting. I currently pocket carry a very compact Bersa 380 CC, but I am wanting more gun to carry. I have a P89 and maybe a P95 so the Split Decision looks right. I will be very interested to see if you order one of the Hume IWB and how it works out for you. It's too bad that the holsters are custom made and you can't just go to a store to try.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the Don Hume 715 IWB holster. I have always carried the Keltec P3AT but am adjusting to my P95. This holster is well made and relatively low priced. I live in Florida and don't normally wear loose clothing. Of course with the IWB you will have to wear your shir on the ooutside. The P95 doesn't show....I wear it just forward of the hip bone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree, i also have a Don Hume for my P95. I also live in Florida, shirt outside the pants and I like the holster very much. The gun goes in and out very smoothly.[8D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts