Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys may recall in an earlier post I wondered about the lack of rifling under the ports in my new Taurus .44. I asked around several places, and this response here makes the most sense of any I have gotten so far:

Gunman: The ported model 44 uses a very different system than most of the other ported taurus revolvers. The Model 44 is actually a compensator, not a ported barrel. The main difference being that a compensator has an expansion chamber. Infinately more effective in curbing muzzle jump, than mere ports cut in the barrel. I have previously owned two M44 SS 4-inch revolvers, and was very pleased with both of them. I recently went to the M444 Ultra-Lite 4-inch Titanium, which is non-ported, and when you touch one off, you definately know it.

I also have written Taurus to see if they will shed any light on the subject, but what this fella told me makes sense.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Makes sense to me. You shot it yet? I was looking at a taurus Raging bull in .44 Magnum tonight. Nice gun, but I'm still looking for that Vaquero.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have shot it, and it is a hoot. It took me a few shots to get used to it, but once I had a feel for the trigger I was doing good with it. I actually shot it better double action than single! I like the grips as issued, but am thinking of some Houges as I have them on almost all my guns and like the feel. Like I said in the other post, I wanted something smaller than a Redhawk or Super Redhawk, so I never even considered the Raging Bull, which is a pretty big gun too. I don't like the double lock on the RB either.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well learned something, glad ya like your shooter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts