Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Harris style bipod. Attached to it is what I can best describe as a small, circular "key ring." The only purpose I could think of was to provide a place to attach a sling that might have a spring snap on it.

Would appreciate it help in the purpose if it's for something else.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you take it off the piece it is attached to would slide out it's only purpose is to hold that piece on the bipod.The sling attachment point will be on the opposite side at lest it is on a Harris pod.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Yup, it's only there to provide a positive stop for the clamping piece. If it ever were to get stuck, the spring ring would be easily removed to release it, then easily replaced.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I don't think I would hook a sling to it, but if it's your normal gun club gun and they use key locks it is a great place to snap the gate key to. Nothing worse than getting to the range and:

1: Forgot the key
2: Forgot about the guns
3: Forgot the Ammo

Yup I have done them all. Old club was ~ 20 min drive here in GA it's an hour. At least this range uses code for gate.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I don't think I would hook a sling to it, but if it's your normal gun club gun and they use key locks it is a great place to snap the gate key to. Nothing worse than getting to the range and:

1: Forgot the key
2: Forgot about the guns
3: Forgot the Ammo

Yup I have done them all. Old club was ~ 20 min drive here in GA it's an hour. At least this range uses code for gate.
I've forgotten magazines! Had to load single rounds to shoot!

·
Registered
420 Posts
As I get older, I sometimes will forget to bring something to the range. I fixed that problem by making up a "bug out" bag. It contains everything I need to shoot except the weapons and ammo. I decide ahead of time what weapons I will shoot and case them and put them in truck. I have ammo cans that I load up with ammo and mags.
When I get to the range, I am ready to go.
As for rests, I agree with earlier posts, the rest the original poster selected is very basic. I would recommend a better rest. Check with other shooters to see what they use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts