Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Star .380 in the glove compartment
Ruger SP101 2" barrel in a pancake holster.

I am still trying new holsters, can't seem to find any that are comfortable w/driving.

What are you packing?

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I use a IWB holster, and if I'm driving a lot, I move it to my left side in a cross draw fashion. I normally carry it on the right side. The seat belt restricts drawing from the right side.

·
Registered
336 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

I am still trying new holsters, can't seem to find any that are comfortable w/driving.
I wish I could figure out why I buy so many holsters that I think I'll like only to find out I don't care for them and they end up in a box[?]

·
Registered
557 Posts
4" alloy frame 1911 in an Alessi IWB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Usually I have a P 93DC in a Don Humme IWB at 4:00, and often a Kel Tec P-3AT in the door or cross draw at about 11:00 since I spend about 2 1/2 hours in a car every day.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Somebody teach an old fart the clock ---I'm lefty and easily confused-where's 12 and which way do you go? This is a new method for me-I've always used strong side, strong side behind hip,crossdraw,Mexican,Belly, FBI, SOB, etc to describe where the gun is.Thanks

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My favorite is small of the back in town. Out in the sticks or at the cabin its a 92 Berretta in a Miami vice and or a Ruger Vaquero in a cross draw.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Somebody teach an old fart the clock ---I'm lefty and easily confused-where's 12 and which way do you go? This is a new method for me-I've always used strong side, strong side behind hip,crossdraw,Mexican,Belly, FBI, SOB, etc to describe where the gun is.Thanks
Your belt buckle is at 12 o'clock, and the clock goes clockwise (to the right).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Me! I carry a Ruger p90 stainless. I use a Don Hume IWB.

I don't have andy problems in the vehicles or when I'm just walking.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
patas-if it's the 721 you carry-what's marked on it? I had two 97s, and my next one will be a P90-need to know if the same holster will work...how do you like the P90???

·
Registered
32 Posts
My holster is the H721 and I love my p90. I have had it since 1993.

When I carry and put it just behind my femur head on my leg, I forget it's there for the most time.

I don't find it uncomfortable even when I drive. I am a south paw and the seat belt doesn't affect it.

Sometimes I just wear shorts and a tee shirt when the wife and I go for walks at nite, and it is still totaly concealed. It doesn't bother me when the handle touches my skin. When it's very cold and I wear only a tee shirt it has to warm up a bit.

Yup! love that stainless hunk of metal.

Patas

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Still in production?Where'd you get it? Buck used to be hard to sharpen but STRONG.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I think I picked it up a Wally World last year, right before hunting season... Close out at $20. It has the rubberized grip, and very, very sharp. It included the sheath... It was a deal I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
42 Posts
99% of the time I have my Para LDA Carry in a JIT holster, a kel-tec 32 clipped in my back pocket and a Colt German made folding knife in my front pocket. That and my boxing/martial arts skill keeps my smiling in times of trouble.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You must not be married-all of that don't make a hoot! Well, you are, too-got her fooled, don't you! Or you didn't mean when you're IN trouble.....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Don't stammer Sheepdog, sounds like you've been in the same boat, you know, up that well known creek without the proper means of propulsion.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts