Ruger Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I recently just sold my 9 mm and now am in the search for a replacement for it. I would like another 9 so I am something cheap to shoot besides my 45 mm. I've been eyeing this up and wonder if anybody has had experience with it?

I avoided 9mm for most of my life, but I have to say I am very impressed with my CZ 75b. My S&W M&P 2.0 is quite serviceable as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I recently just sold my 9 mm and now am in the search for a replacement for it. I would like another 9 so I am something cheap to shoot besides my 45 mm. I've been eyeing this up and wonder if anybody has had experience with it?

I have one. Has a great feel in the hand and quite accurate. It has some weight that steadies the aim and tames the barrel jump. Get one!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I owned one of these back in the 80's. I LOVED that 9mm... should never have sold it. GREAT handgun! Also had the Beretta 85C (I think) in .380 and loved it as well. My ex didn't want guns in the home with three kids growing up, etc. Had a S& W 686 .38/.357 I sold as well, stupidly. Wish I had all three back now....

·
Registered
250 Posts

I love the aesthetics, functionality, and accuracy of the M9, but the locking block is a weak point, prone to failure.
Girsan, a Turkish mfr, makes an inexpensive knock-off of the M9 with the light rail (M9A1?). It comes with 1 18-rd mag, but accepts factory Beretta mags.

I would get a Springfield XD if I were going to get a new go-to 9mm.

·
Registered
2 Posts

45 MM won’t fit on that frame

·
Registered
195 Posts
Get a Sig P226 or 229 and call it a day. I have the 226 in .40sw . No complaints!
Do yourself a favor and visit Grayguns.com

Buy the P-series Custom Fat Strut, and the SIG P-series ELS trigger system.
I presume you already have the factory SRT, if-not, add that in too (from SIG or Grayguns).

These few drop-in parts will transform your SIG P226 into something amazing.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The Beretta 92 is an awesome gun. They are very accurate, easy shooting guns. I love my 92A1. The only thing I did to it was replace the factory spring with a D spring, add a Surefire X400 and a Hogue grip to make it my primary home defense gun.

I'd love to own a 45mm 😁

·
Registered
2 Posts

I;ve got a good friend that has the Beretta and really likes it.

I've got a good friend that has the Beretta and really likes it and I shot it a few times and think I may get one

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Beretta 92 FS is a fine pistol. I've had one for about 20 years. Once broken in it has performed very well. During break-in I did experience feeding issues. The only real issue I've ever had was/is probably more related to me. When I shoot your basic 115 gr ammo it tends to shoot low at 10 yards. OTOH any +P or +P+ shoots great. Finally the worst ever ammo I ever shot through it was Winchester 124 gr NATO, they were all over the place.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just want to watch you shoot your ' ... 45mm...' From a distance, of course.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I carried one in the service (AF). Very reliable. Handles recoil well. Big gun, not the best for small hands. Girsan makes makes a clone that gets good reviews.

My .02¢. Beretta makes a good gun. It will last if you do your part. Now unless you are set on an M9, or you can find a really good deal, or used is okay, you can find one (9mm) just as good for much less from someone else.

Glock, Smith, Ruger and more all make combat capable, reliable 9's with better aftermarket support (usually) that can come in at a much lower cost.

Savings that can be passed on to more mags, over priced ammo, holster(s), mods (lights/sights/trigger/barrel), and more.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I also have a 92FS that I bought new, back in 1993, as I was curious as to why the military went from the 45ACP model 1911 to the 9mm. I did find the 92FS to be a very accurate handgun and with a 17 round magazine very adequate in self defense, however, the size of the weapon made it very difficult to carry concealed, and also the what it would take a 9mm cartridge (2 rounds) to stop an intruder the .45ACP generally would only take one round: So even though the 92FS had a much larger capacity for ammo, 17VS8 rounds I still prefer the .45ACP. I've yet to have a jam or a malfunction of any kind with the 92FS and I've shot over 5000 rounds thru it, since purchasing it. Just my 2 cents worth!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My first handgun the 92FS in stainless(exactly as pictured on bulkdataman's reply) and I'll never sell it. That being said, the best "out of box" trigger from my collection is my Canik TP9 SA, I paid $228 for it with free shipping. The Walther Creed was $249-269 from cdnnsports.com a couple years ago, I talked a buddy into getting it and we all love the way it shoots. Some don't like it's looks but it's very accurate and cycles everything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had a couple 92Fs's since the 80's, I wouldn't sell them they are buried in one of the safes, good but I wouldn't call it my favorite.
Like I told my wife don't worry about the price of tiles at the front door when there's only 9.
If I had to keep only one gun, I would absolutely choose a Sig and take the middle of the road in capacity/grip and that's the Sig P229.
I have (still almost do) have every Sig from the Hawes imported P220 in 38 special in the P series.
I feel a bit screwed about what they did on the P224 line but once you go Sig you never go back.
P.s. and hell yes I really like my P224 and carry it everyday.

·
Premium Member
15,400 Posts
I own a 92FS and a Wilson Combat Centurion. They are both pretty heavy and bulky but I will carry the WC OWN in colder weather. There are 4 carry pistols in the safe, Glock 19 & 26, Kimber Micro 9 and Springfield Hellcat. The Hellcat gets most of the reps for 9mm days.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts