Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of shooting Autos and DA revolvers, I'm interested in getting started in Ruger single actions. What would be a good book to learn about the models available over the years? I really like the bisleys. Was one available in .22 with
adjustable sights? Thanks,in advance.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Ruger and His Guns is an excellent book, LOTS of great "back story" of the company and pics and stories about the guns......

Like how a famous gun writer and outdoorsman (forget his name) loaned Bill Ruger the grip frame of his original Colt Dragoon revolver so Ruger could copy it for the then-new Super Blackhawk.

Also great stories about foreign contracts and how certain guns came to be. It was written before Bill Ruger died, some of the info and quotes from Bill show how the company has changed, like then Bill is quoted as saying "We will NEVER make a compact semi-automatic handgun".

·
"The Real Deal"
8,272 Posts
Ruger and His Guns is an excellent book, LOTS of great "back story" of the company and pics and stories about the guns......

Like how a famous gun writer and outdoorsman (forget his name) loaned Bill Ruger the grip frame of his original Colt Dragoon revolver so Ruger could copy it for the then-new Super Blackhawk.

Also great stories about foreign contracts and how certain guns came to be. It was written before Bill Ruger died, some of the info and quotes from Bill show how the company has changed, like then Bill is quoted as saying "We will NEVER make a compact semi-automatic handgun".
+1 ^^^^^^ what he said.;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
After years of shooting Autos and DA revolvers, I'm interested in getting started in Ruger single actions. What would be a good book to learn about the models available over the years? I really like the bisleys. Was one available in .22 with
adjustable sights? Thanks,in advance.
Be careful. You are on a very slippery slope with that statement.:D

I bought one and now want four more, while my autos and DA revolvers gather dust.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have several good ruger books:

Ruger and his guns: byWilson
The Gun Digest book of Ruger Pistols and Revolvers: by Sweeney
Gun digest book of Ruger Revolvers: by Prasac
The Standard Catalog of Ruger Firearms: by Lee

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
The book, Ruger and His Guns is good but hardly complete. If you really want a full and complete bit, join the RENE.

can't blame ya on the Bisleys. My favorite. 10 or so here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts