Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just my frustration or maybe not but what is rugers problem. I've had a 4" redhawk on order for 13 months now and still no idea when it might show up. I've had my dealer check with their distributor a few times now and they always tell me the same thing they have no idea when it will come in. I know that revolvers might not be their best selling gun but they are the guns that made ruger who they are today. I've tried contacting customer service and they have no clue whats going on as far as whats being made when. Is there anyway to light a fire under someone to get my gun shipped. I've heard that every now and then they will build one offs or small runs of a particular model. I know there is a demand for these models so why don't they make them. I don't know just figured I would vent my frustration a little.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Go to their web site. Click on "Tell the CEO". NICELY describe your problem and frustration. Let him know that you got the idea from this website.

Stand by for a response.

Best.
D.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I share your frustration. I've looked high and low for an sp101 or gp100 and they're no where to be found. I didn't think revolvers would be affected but my LGS guy says after all the AR's and semi-auto pistols dried up, people starting buying revolvers. I called Ruger and the rep told me that it'll be at least 6 months before they hope to catch up.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I am sure that Ruger is making as many guns as is physically possible at present.
They are in business afterall.
A case of demand outstripping supply.

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Go to their web site. Click on "Tell the CEO". NICELY describe your problem and frustration. Let him know that you got the idea from this website.

Stand by for a response.

Best.
D.
+1 . . . and the key word is "Nicely." I hope you get your satisfaction. There's nothing worse than having the money in your hand with no one to take it.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
There's nothing worse than having the money in your hand with no one to take it.
My exact situation just yesterday. I had a wad of cash and was browsing for an Sp101 or gp100. No where to be found. I had a chance to pick up a Charter Arms 357 ss but just kept saying to wait for the Ruger. I had to buy something though, so I walked out with a M&P 22 pistol.

I just wrote a nice letter to the CEO at Ruger

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Maybe its just my frustration or maybe not but what is rugers problem. I've had a 4" redhawk on order for 13 months now and still no idea when it might show up. I've had my dealer check with their distributor a few times now and they always tell me the same thing they have no idea when it will come in. I know that revolvers might not be their best selling gun but they are the guns that made ruger who they are today. I've tried contacting customer service and they have no clue whats going on as far as whats being made when. Is there anyway to light a fire under someone to get my gun shipped. I've heard that every now and then they will build one offs or small runs of a particular model. I know there is a demand for these models so why don't they make them. I don't know just figured I would vent my frustration a little.
Just curious, .44 or .45?

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I share your frustration. I've looked high and low for an sp101 or gp100 and they're no where to be found. I didn't think revolvers would be affected but my LGS guy says after all the AR's and semi-auto pistols dried up, people starting buying revolvers. I called Ruger and the rep told me that it'll be at least 6 months before they hope to catch up.
What kind of SP101? Palmetto State Armory has the 38+P on sale for $499.99

I'm picking up 2 Sig P238's from them at my FFL Friday. They are backlogged like everybody, but I got them in 12 working days, just like they said.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
moakes58, I was looking for a 3" or 4" sp101 in 357. I've got a few LGS looking out for me.

·
Registered
629 Posts

Stand by for a response.

Best.
D.
I have done that before. I have been trying to buy a Mini 30 Tactical since last summer. I have written Ruger and they basically said they base their production on orders from their distributors. I was told to have my dealer contact distributors to order this gun from distributors. Three dealers have told me when they ask their distributors it is unavailable. Sort of never ending circle. Why don't they just make the darn thing in the first place, or take it out of their catalog. Hey Ruger what doesn't sell anymore?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
First thing that you discovered was that your local gun dealer is a busy guy. It takes an unheard of amount of time to search and locate a specific gun. I learned that with my dealer and so I took some of the burden off of him by doing the searching myself. Now this may end up producing a higher price, but if you really want the gun, it's worth it. That's how I got my SP101, my 3" GP100, and recently my Sig Sauer stainless railed 1911. Each one of those pistols took at least 8 hours on the computer and phone to find and get ordered. Smithy.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,323 Posts
Ruger and all of the other manufacturers have been making guns as fast as they can for a few years now. They make the most sold versions first. I have heard that Redhawks and Super Redhawks have a limited seasonal run about once per year due to demand.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
I've been trying for several months to get a single six hunter, no luck, same story.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I talked to a factory rep a few weeks ago. I mentioned that Redhawks seem really hard to find, and I asked if Ruger only did limited runs of them.

He said that they make a few hundred every month, it's not like a seasonal run or anything. They then go to distributors that have a record of selling them. They give priority to distributors who have a proven track record of selling lots of them, and less to distributors who almost never sell them. He said that Alaska, Montana, etc. get a lot of them first. He did however mention that the east coast sales on Redhawks is improving, so there might be more headed that way.

(even in Alaska, plain Redhawks are kinda hard to find. Usually a lot of SRH Alaskans and whatnot. It took me a few months to find my 4" RH in .45 Colt last year.)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

Stand by for a response.

Best.
D.
I agree. His name is Mike Fifer, and he helped me in the past (put a SP in my stable).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wrote a letter to the ceo last night and I stressed my disappointment in the length of timeit has taken. I also included the store and the distributor that it was ordered through. probably won't get anywhere but we'll see what happens. About once a month I just seem to get anxious forward to a nice shinny new redhawk in 45 colt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts