Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes hear about a gun reviewer stating that "there was no stacking" on a DAO trigger on a revolver.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is stacking?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Stacking is when the pull gets progressively harder as you pull it back- its not a good thing to have in triggers.

·
Registered
730 Posts
To each his own , I like a slightly stacking trigger in DA , I feel I have more control.

Don`t mind heavy , but smooth & crisp is a must !!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
“Stacking” is more noticeable in DA/SA Revolver’s and Pistol’s and is less noticeable in DAO Revolver’s and Pistol’s. Essentially the trigger is loading up prior to its break or release and gives you a clear indication of when the trigger will release, you can easily pull and hold the trigger up to the release point, catch a breath, relax and shoot. Gun writers sometimes equate a heavy trigger pull with “stacking” but I disagree with this premise, instead I consider the trigger load up to be beneficial.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I personally don't like a trigger that stacks, but some really great shooters like it because stacking allows them to "feel" or "stage" the trigger. So to each his own. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts