Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, it would be a toss up between:

My Ruger SR1911 or my Ruger #1 in .270 Win.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Does it have to be a Ruger?
If so, my .480 SRH
If not, My Swedish M41B rifle- I have scores of rifles, some new, some over 100 years old, this one by far is my favorite and one of the most accurate!
Left: Swedish M94/17 carbine, Right M41B showing scope base

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mine would be my Rem 700 in .223, or my Benelli Legacy 12ga.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I really don't have a single firearm that I like more than the others. There are two that I have that will never be traded or sold because of sentimental value. They are my parent handguns that I inherited. These are the only two guns they owned.

1971 Colt Woodsman Series III (Dad's)

1971 Ruger Super Single Six (Mom's)

Dad liked semi-auto. Mom liked cowboy action. They both liked shooting the most affordable ammo. Then I was born in 1974, and their range visits stopped. That's why these handguns are in such excellent condition. I still have all the ammo my Dad never got to shoot.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Mine would be an employee-gun Redhawk, 7.5" from 1981. The Ruger employee had the Newport factory polish it out to a high gloss finish. Looks NIB with outer box, yellow box and papers. All mint as can be.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Colt 1911, 100 year anniversary model. 1 of 750

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
It would have to be my Red Label shotgun.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm in line, but in no hurry, to inherit an M1 carbine of 1944 vintage from my grandfather. It's a beautiful rifle & shoots like a dream. I only wish PA allowed semi-autos for hunting, as it would be perfect for that purpose. At any rate, it's easily the flagship of my family's collection.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
I'd say this one. (It's a crappy picture, but a magnificently beautiful pistol.)

or, maybe this one. There's nothing prettier than a high polish blue 1911. :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
IMHO it's difficult to point to one and say that's the ONE. I mean if the collection is defined any single one is required for the collection. I love them all equally.

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
I reckon mine would be my Armalite AR-10 with a stainless match barrel and match 2-stage trigger.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
That's a tough one James. Probably my SS Ruger Redhawk in .41 magnum or maybe my .357 SS Smith & Wesson 686.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I've got a few "flagships".

a) Ed Brown Molon Labe
b) FN SCAR 17S
c) 1924 DWM German Luger P-08
d) My home built gov't sized 1911

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I love every Ruger I own, but of all the toys I've got, these two old war horses are my favorites.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts