Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 593 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
My favorite carrying knife for the longest time was a Benchmade 9050SBK.

This knife was issued to me around 2004 and I lost it sometime in 2008. Unfortunately since I am no longer in the military and this knife requires either active military or LEO, I can not buy another... Plus at $125/ea, I probably wouldn't buy one anyways.

Since I cant have my Benchmade 9050, I found the Kershaw Leek to be a very close (and legal) second!

http://www.kershaw-knives.net/Kershaw-Ken-Onion-Leek-KS1660.htm

The Leek is spring assisted, so you just have to bump the little level on the backside of the blade to open it. Its a very sleek and fast blade! Be sure to watch the video demonstration.

·
Raminatus Maximus
835 Posts
Here's what I carry:

Kershaw 1820. It's not really a fighting knife per say. but to me it's a lot more useful. I like the long flat blade and the curve on the back. I use it for just about everything, and I use it everyday. The flat blade is super easy to sharpen and it'll hold its edge pretty well. It works great for cutting the shielded jacket of 0000 electrical cables.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
I can't carry a knife. In Ohio we have a 'Concealed Handgun License'. Carrying a concealed knife is a felony, but I can carry an .50 cal Desert Eagle under my jacket w/ an extended 30 round magazine. Makes sence, hugh?

In FL, I had always carried a Harley Davidson branded knife, not sure who made them.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I can't carry a knife. In Ohio we have a 'Concealed Handgun License'. Carrying a concealed knife is a felony, but I can carry an .50 cal Desert Eagle under my jacket w/ an extended 30 round magazine. Makes sence, hugh?

In FL, I had always carried a Harley Davidson branded knife, not sure who made them.
It's not a knife sir, it's a bayonet for the Desert Eagle....

·
Raminatus Maximus
835 Posts

Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Swiss Army Tool Kit. :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I usually carry this..

or this...

sometimes this..

The SOG is the only assisted opening blade, the 2 Spyderco's open smooth and fast.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Oh, I see some beauties in here. :)

My EDC depends on where I'm going. Usually it's either Spyderco Endura, Benchmade Pika or Byrd Raven. Sometimes it could be Coldsteel Recon Tanto, Ultimate Hunter or some other special tool. ;) I also keep Wenger Delemont in my car and Leatherman Wave in the wife's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Either a Kershaw Leek, Vapor, or a Gerber Ez-out for a lockback. A Victorinox or Wenger swiss army knife always goes along for the ride too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I guess I'm not very "High-Speed, Low-Drag". I carry a Cold Steel medium plain edge Tanto Point Voyager. Have had it and carried it for years, always worked out VERY WELL for me. With the thumb stud, I can open it one handed almost as fast as one of the spring-assisted knives. The pocket clip isn't very good, the knife will come unclipped and fall out of my pocket on a regular basis, so I just carry it in my pocket instead of clipped on my pocket. Pic below (I hope, tried hot-linking directly to the Cold Steel website), second from the left.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/csstoreonline_2074_686755

Bub

·
Registered
284 Posts
I carry a Canal Street NRA ramshorn trapper. In my pack I carry a small hatchet, a SOG multitool and a Bark River fixed blade.

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
This is my everyday work knife. It's made by a friend of mine from Texas.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't have any pics but----Benchmade 520 and Vic Farmer are my EDC combo.

You don't necessarily have to be military or LE to own an auto---autos are legal in this state--local dealer sells auto Benchmades all the time---just pay your money and out ya go. I do own a Benchmade 5500--auto version of the 520---but never carry it---the manual version is just more useful ---as it can be opened and closed one handed---and opens just as fast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Emerson Commander, partially serrated with blackened blade. A little large of a knife for pocket/daily carry but its served me well.

1 - 20 of 593 Posts