Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite Auto is a Ruger KP97DC. I have carried it several years as my only CCW. It has eleminated its share of Poison Snakes and Armadillo's.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I like the KP89DC. I have shot thousands of round through her with nary a burp, almost all of them reloads. I think it is a very under-rated, under-appreciated gun. It will do the same thing as guns costing hundreds of dollors more, and do it just as well, IMHO.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i will have to say without any reservations my favorite is a 1911. why? because i ate, slept and lived with one for four years when my travel agent kept getting my requests mixed up and sent me to south east asia instead of where i really wanted to go. i can take it apart and put it back together again in my sleep. and as bill cody once said "it never failed me". it is just so comforting.

but i am biased. i have 7 revolvers and they are rugers. :D

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even though this is Rugerforum, we welcome posts about any brand of firearms. I know that there are those that like the 1911 and the other firearms. I'm not exclusively Ruger in everything that I own. If we all liked the same thing, there wouldn't be but one brand. If anyone wants to start a thread about any other particular brand please feel free do so.

·
Registered
122 Posts
my first auto was a P89, i loved it at first, but it was not to be, the reach was so long for me that it hurt to get a good grip and pull the trigger, i tried swapping the trigger out for one from a P95, it was better but still didnt work for me at all ergonomics were all wrong.

it ran and ran and never had a problem i hope it went to a good home, now the springfield xd previosly the hs2000, i love it i have 9mm subcompact and service and i shoot them allot.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My favorite pistol is my XD45 Tactical.[:I] But the side arm that goes with me on every outdoor outing I pick my P89DC. The thing is ultra reliable, accurate & tough![8D]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Springfield Armory 1911a1 .45acp. It's got a sweet trigger pull, and with a little bit of knowledge, anyone can fix one with the right parts. They almost seem to autoalign with the target in my hands. I really like the .45acp as an all-around round.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My favorite auto is, both of my Beretta 92FS's in each Inox and/or Blued.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
KP345 - Accurate, reliable, easy on the recoil and fits my hand like a glove. (But I'm waiting on a new KP97D to be delivered. Who knows, maybe it will be my favorite!)
Tom

·
Registered
667 Posts
I don't know about "verboten", cause I feel it's 'situational'. What you are doing or going to shoot. No one gun "fits 'em all".Over all these years , I have to say the Ruger .22 auto pistols are my "favorite" all around and fun to shoot, BUT for serious competition, I shoot a Colt National Match .45 and in small bore I shoot a High Standard Military Trophy.22 lr. I have found NOTHING that handles better or is as accurate for ME. I have tried MANY, many guns over the years and those two are my "keepers" and 'go to ' guns, but my "favorite" is still the Ruger .22 RST-4...............

1 - 20 of 66 Posts