Ruger Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Booker Magnum, it was my original Old Timer sharp finger, both hold an edge like nobody's business and I still like it for ducks and geese, but I can carve up a whole deer without touching a steel, I can cut up branches, rope and anything else and it just stays sharp.
It almost more importantly fits my hand perfectly, it's so comfortable to grip and so sure to hold it makes breaking down a deer so much easier.

I'm having a local leather worker build me a new horizontal sheath for it with a separate pouch for a small stone and a zippo.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
A fella I know just got a hord of mammoth tusk to make knife handles out of, I might see if he can put a new handle on my sharp finger for the ultimate hunting knife, or I might just put a stag handle on it myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My favorite is a Fiddleback Forge Duke with stabilized box elder burl scales over natural Micarta liners and lime green pin stripes.

·
Major
1,624 Posts
Actually, I don’t have just one blade available when the family goes camping.

Gerber Steadfast
Gerber Ultimate Bear Grilis
Gerber Compact Clearpath machete
Estwing 13” camp axe

All four come in handy at one time or another.

·
Registered
715 Posts
My favorites fall into a couple of categories.

Favorite all around:
Kershaw Blur S30V for EDC and is always with me.

Favorite fixed blade hunting knife:
An original Bill Moran Drop Point in VG10 with the roto clip kydex sheath. This is a really great hunting knife.

Favorite small folding field knife:
A Mora 920 for caping

My favorite nostalgia knife:
My Buck 119. This was my first sheath knife I had purchased for my self. I worked at a knife store 3 miles from the El Cajon Buck Knife factory. I got to hand pick my knife. It is perfect in almost every way and fits my hand perfectly. Is it practical for everything? Far from it. But there are a lot of trips, treks, moments of youth and two close scrapes that are associated with that knife.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
LST made by Blackie Collins and Gerber, is my favorite so far!! and I think is the best to carry around also

·
Registered
358 Posts
Two. My Ka-Bar fighting knife. It has seniority, helped me thru Vietnam. That said, my Cold Steel SRK is a fine piece. Can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The KABAR fixed-blade handles larger chores, but the Cold Steel 4 Max is great for a large folder. The little Boker Camp Jack completes the trio.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like the Kukri, Knives by hand offers a nice survival one and it includes a nice smaller knife, not the ones that that normally come with it. Full tang so it has alot of strength.
12 INCH SURVIVAL BALANCED

He does offer a better sheath that I prefer and have. It is similar to the Frank Bowie sheath

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Condor! I've never looked back! Used to use a Buck knife for hunting and fishing trips, but now I use my condor, it's like a mini machete.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts