Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I love the 10/22, but my favorite rifle would be a 77 MK 2 in 30/06 I have. It has a Timney trigger, a Hougue stock, a ER Shaw bull barrel, lapped lugs, and has been glass bedded. It is a tack driver! Also fond of the Mini 14, although they could benefit from a bigger barrel.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a model 77 30/06 with a variable 6/18 scope that I could bust the small beer bottles at 200 yards with and traded it off. That was a mistake and I haven't got one since. Would like to have a stainless one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I love both my Stainless Ruger 10/22 & my Mini-14 Ranch Rifle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Henry Goldenboy .22lr with large loop and octagon barrel. It's the same size as my winchester 94 in .357 mag, so it's easy for me to hold on to without feeling like a BB gun.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My favorite is the Ruger M77VT in 204 Ruger, that rifle is amazingly accurate. I have just recently gotten a Tikka T3 in 22-250 that I like also.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My favorite .22 is my 10/22 Canadian Centenial fingergroove sporter.

My overall favorite is my tang safety Ruger 77RL .243. Its not too big (20" barrel), not too light (7 lbs scoped) and not too long (40")

Its the perfect compromise between the full size 77 and the compact 77 (ugly sucker that compact job).[V]

If I could find one in 257 Roberts (tang safety), I'd buy one and feel that I had the best deer rifle suitable for the kind of hunting I do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In rimfires its the 10/22, hands down... in centerfires, I like AR-15s...

...M1 Carbines...

...and Marlin Camp Carbines...

...but I'm also quite fond of my Ruger 99/44...

... and my Mini 30!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have threeof them and it depends on what I am doing with it. For general plinking I like the Bushmaster AR-15 heavy barrel. If at the range and shooting long distance it would be my Savge 26" fluted heavy barreled 308. In time of selfdefense or hurricane I trust my AK-47. For hunting it would have to be my 30-30.

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:What is your favorite Rifle
I guess my answer would depend of what I'm doing with it or using it for.

In general my hands down favorite is my Model 14 Remington in 25 Remington. It's a hand me down from my Grandpa and still looks and shoots good. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would be hard pressed to pick my all time favorite rifle, I've got many and like them all! But when push comes to shove, I guess my favorite rifles would be my M1 Garands. Yes, I know there are others that are more accurate and are lighter and shoot a faster cartridge,....the list goes on,....but the Garand has to be my favorite.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts