Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 705 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 rimfire rifles and 2 revolvers.
Ruger Stainless 10/22
Remington Nylon 66 Apache
Ruger Stainless Revolver
Ruger Stainless Bearcat
Ruger Mark111 22/45 4.5" Hunter

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Ruger 10/22 T & Ruger Charger

Ruger Standard Auto, mfg 1972.

Marlin 25N
(not shown)
Ruger Standard, MFG 1950.

Ruger Mark I, MFG 1978

Ruger Standard, MFG 1972

Ruger Mark II, 50th Annv.

Ruger Mark III Hunter

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Whoa Keith, that is some fine looking peice's you got there. That 10/22 about knocked my eyes out. That Mk3 whoo doggies I'd like to get my hands on that. I have a 50yr old Remington 22lr single shot & a 101yr old Hamilton Rifle 22short. Got a 1977 Ruger Mark I or standard and a new model .22lr/.22mag.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baldy, those are about my speed. When I was a youngster, I killed many a squirrel and rabbit with a Remington single-shot .22. Could hit a rabbit running. After getting a Auto my accuracy dropped drastically because I knew I had more that one shot. Nothing like a single-shot to make a good shooter out of you.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I grew up with a single shot Sheridan Blue Streak 5mm pellet rifle, it was a loud and time consuming to pump the thing, so you learn to make each shot count.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Baldy

Whoa Keith, that is some fine looking peice's you got there. That 10/22 about knocked my eyes out. That Mk3 whoo doggies I'd like to get my hands on that. I have a 50yr old Remington 22lr single shot & a 101yr old Hamilton Rifle 22short.
Thanks Baldy! I've had one hell of a time getting that 10/22 together.

Single-Shot 22 short rifles are good for in-city plinking. [}:)]

·
Registered
122 Posts
i have a ruger stainless 10/22 with the laminate gray stock darn accurate gun, and my first rifle marlin single shot thats so old i cant find a sn on it anywhere. its been shot so much now that the fp is worn down. need to fix that one of these days.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have an older Ruger 10-22, a new 16" Carbine 10-22, A new Mark III Slab barrel target model. Remington Nylon 66 and a Mark II bull barrel Ruger.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I shot a friend's MKII a while back and love it. I think I'll try to find me one. Might also look into a 22/45 since I hear they feel similar in the hand to the 1911.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a MK I, Civilian target model. Well, I should have said HAD, my wife has kinda latched onto it and claims it to be "HERS" now. Oh well, at least she lets me shoot it.
I still have my first gun, a Springfield model 15 single shot. It was given to me by my grandpa when I was 14.
I have a Remmington Nylon 66. It was the first new gun I ever bought.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, I have a little lady that didn't even want to be in the same county as "an evil killing machine", but for my birthday a couple of years ago I begged her to go to the range with me. She since then has taken over a Ruger Single Six in 22LR/22WMR and also an AR-15 with dedicated 22LR upper. She keeps eyeing a Springfield 1911 that's a dedicated 22LR, but I keep her distracted with other things.

·
Registered
54 Posts
About 6 years ago, like a dummy, I bought a Remington Model 597. The 597 is a okay/good rifle, but I can do alot more with the 10/22. So my best friend gave me one of his Ruger Stainless 10/22 as a birthday present a few years back. About this time last year my uncle gave me his Ruger Mk I that his father gave him. I have yet to shoot the Mk I, I wanted to tear it down and go through it to make sure it's ready to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
10/22 of course, 22/45, and the one gun that always goes to the range, my SS Single-Six.

The perfect accessory for a Single Six, by the way, is a 14 year old boy. 8 year olds are pretty good, too, I find.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by sfhogman

10/22 of course, 22/45, and the one gun that always goes to the range, my SS Single-Six.

The perfect accessory for a Single Six, by the way, is a 14 year old boy. 8 year olds are pretty good, too, I find.
Same here on th Single Six. I have a 8 year old Grandson that I bought a Bearcat for, and he takes it shooting nearly everytime I go. By the way, Welcome to the Board. Hope you like it here.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Over all these years, I too feel the .22 is probably my (our) favorite caliber. I say 'our' as my wife collects Ruger old model .22's. The RST's & Mk I'red eagles', the Bearcats, and the early 'flatgate' Single Sixes. She enjoys them as collectors piecs and has a couple she will even shoot now and then.
My rifles are both Ruger 10/22 and couple of Marlins, a 39a and the Mountie 39, they are lever actions and were my first rifles.
The 10/22's are a couple of the walmart 'specials' black /grey laminated mannlicher stocks (RSI) One was a gift 'action job' from Chief AJ to my son Joe for helping him out at some of the gun shows years ago. Very sweet shooting and very accurate too. I keep another 10/22 all weather , fiber stock ,in the corner for any 'varmints' out back.
I shot competitively for many years with a High Standard Military Trophy. THE most accurate gun I have ever had or even shot. First one I got back in 1969 and it's still here. Have added a Victor, with the 'rare' slant grip, as a "keeper". Had two of them ,but like a dummy, I sold one off to a friend years ago for him to shoot, and he will NOT sell it back either.. A very rare gun too. Few were made.

Anyway, the .22 is cheap, affordable to shoot. Is fun and effective , and as I said has to be our 'favorite'.;)

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,339 Posts
In rifles I have 2 Ruger 10/22s, Savage Mod 10C bolt, Winchester 9422 lever (22 LR, NIB), Remington Mod 511 bolt, Marlin 39A lever, and a CZ 452-2E bolt. In hand guns I have 2 Ruger OM and 2 NM Single-Sixes, Ruger MK III, a Walther P-22, S&W Mod 17, and a Colt Ace (1911).

Though center fires are great, I enjoy shooting my 22s more than anything else.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have CZ rimfire rifles, in 22LR (3), 22 WMR, 17 Mach2 and 17 HMR. Also have Browning Buckmark Camper, AMT AUTOMAG II, Ruger SP-101 in 22 LR.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Ruger Super Single Six Convertible
Ruger Mark II 5-1/2" Bull Barrel
Remington 77 Semi-auto
Remington Fieldmaster Semi-auto (Shoots shorts, longs & long rifles)
Remington Bolt Action with clip magazine (Not sure on the model of this one either. Maybe a 581?)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ruger 10/22 with 20” stainless Green Mountain barrel, Hogue stock
Ruger 10/22 Mag, same
CZ 452D
Marlin 39A
Marlin 39M
Weatherby XXII
Ruger Bearcats, in stainless and blued
Ruger Single Six, stainless, 5 ½”
S&W Model 41 5 ½”