Ruger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Single Six Hunter.

*Beautiful* gun, but the accuracy is disappointing. It is a little small for my hands; it just doesn't feel right to me. I should have known better, but I was seduced by the gorgeous black laminate grip and the barrel. I

f Ruger ever makes another DA rimfire revolver, I would buy it and retire the Hunter from active duty. Smith and Wesson has a few DA rimfire revolvers, Ruger should have at least one.

·
Registered
405 Posts
S&W 22A, Ruger MKIII 22/45, Buck Mark Standard, Single Six, MKIII Hunter, P22

Just added the MKII slabside

Also, Winchester Mod 69, Glenfield Mod 60.

SWMBO says I have enough and I might be addicted. I deny addiction but have promised to get only one more...the next one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I currently own three .22 cal rimfires. A 10/22 made in 1967, a MKII in stainless and a High Standard Double-Nine revolver. I have owned dozens of various model .22's over the years and the only one I miss and wish I'de have kept is an old early Nylon 66. What a sweet shooter that gun was! I could shoot the butthole out of a runin' coyote with it!..................Dick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Take a look below... I've had plenty of pistols, but this is by far my favorite, not to mention the most accurate!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

I have 2 rimfire rifles and 2 revolvers.
Ruger Stainless 10/22
Remington Nylon 66 Apache
Ruger Stainless Revolver
Ruger Stainless Bearcat
Ruger Mark111 22/45 4.5" Hunter
I HAD a 6 1/2 inch single six stainless and a blue 10-22.Also had a 10 inch stainless Ruger bull barrel (might have been a Mark II) I HAVE a 10-22 Target rifle(not the one with the supertrick spaceage style stock) and a 22-45 early model 5 1/2 inch bull barrel. Both are stainless and 2 of my bigtime favorites. They're my ONLY .22s.....for me.......they cover all the .22 bases. Both are very accurate, and the triggers are great right out of the box.....I only did a little magazine tuning on both guns.

·
Registered
288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joshuancj

Take a look below... I've had plenty of pistols, but this is by far my favorite, not to mention the most accurate!!!
I had that gun in stainless.......it had the accuracy of a rifle.....it's kinda like a short barreled rifle......now I have a 22-45.....5 1/2 bull barrel is a bit more portable/practical.

·
Registered
49 Posts
At present, I have 4 Ruger rimfires. I have a Mk II, 5 1/2" Single Six convertiable, and two 10/22s. They are all great little guns. Back in 1961 I bought a Std 4", aka Mk! and I purchased it new for the orginal price of $37.50. In a moment of madness, many years ago, I traded it off. I've learned better now...I just don't do that!

My other rimfires are a military surplus Mossberg US 44, a Romanian .22 military training rifle and Marlin, .22 mag bolt rifle. The Mossberg is a real tack driver...almost a match rifle!

·
Banned
700 Posts
Arrrggghhh!
All I could do back then was stare at my 1961 Shooter's Bible[:p] while stashin' my chore money!
Never quite got there until later in life!
But it's all fun now!:D

SD

·
Registered
36 Posts
Browning Buckmark pistol
CZ 453 rifle
Kimber K22 Hunter rifle
Ruger 10/22 Target rifle
Ruger 10/22 Carbine rifle
Ruger MK3 SS Hunter pistol
Sigarms/Hammerli "Trailside" pistol (4" & 6" models)
S&W 22A Sporter pistol

·
Registered
18 Posts
MKII slabside, stainless, target 6/78
H&R revolver 22
Kimber rifle, 22, hunter model
The Ruger and Kimber shoot extremely well, the H&R plinks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a .22 addiction! :D

-1948 S&W K-22 Masterpiece
-2003 CZ Trainer Special
-1986 Marlin 39a
-2006 Ruger MKIII standard
-1960 High Standard Sentinel w/3" barrel

What the next one will be I'm not sure, but I am sure there will be a next one, and a next one, and a ....

·
Registered
28 Posts
rimfires you own

White Dog: I get into the tri cites two or three times a year due to my job...long flights from the east coast, but I enjoy the region...and I have collected a lot of rimfires over the years..bot action rifles, semi auto rifles, revolvers and pistols...my favorite is a bull barrel stainless Savage 93R17 that I put a Boyd's thumb hole varmint stock on. I pillar and glass beddded the action, installed a Simmons 44 mag 6.5-20X44 mildot scope, a Harris bipod and whack groundhogs out to 200 yards with it all day long...my MKIII stainless bull barrel target is my favorite (new) plinking pistol...I shoot three different rimfire calibers: .22LR, .22WMR, & .17HMR...all are fun and all are deadly accurate. Never seen anything like the .17HMR...got to be the most accurate rimfire ever produced. At 100 yards off the bench, I can keep five shots inside a quarter and the rifle is capable of even better shooting than I can shoot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MKII slab side
MKII st 5in
2 x 10/22
CHARGER:D (son's bd present) He saw one & like the cool factor so I had to get it for US (won't be shot for anouther month:()
Bear cat

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ruger Super Bearcat @1972
Colt Buntline Scout @1959 (got it a year ago)
Henry Golden Boy @2004
Marlin M-56 Levermatic @1956
Mossberg M-40 @1930s (my wife's grandfather's old rifle)
CZ 452 American @2007

81 - 100 of 705 Posts