Ruger Forum banner

781 - 789 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am from Louisiana........in New Orleans, during and just after Hurricane Katrina, the police left their posts and went home to protect their loved ones. I read in a post above, they are second responders when the SHTF. I always carry........you must take care of you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
City dweller here- most of my life. After being a handgun owner, and competitive handgun shooter for a long time, it was time to prepare for SD and continue to protect the family with CCW in pocket.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In 1972, the Supreme Court temporarily ruled the death penalty unconstitutional. Since criminals couldn't get a harsher sentence for murder than for armed robbery, there were a spate of convenience store employee executions to eliminate witnesses. Guess who was working as a convenience store clerk? I bought an old 5 inch barreled Iver Johnson 5 shot .38 S&W DA revolver from a family member and carried it in my boot. (It wasn't legal, but I wasn't going to be found dead in the cooler.) Pretty much carried ever since.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I worked in New York City for 25 Years. Although I held a New York Pistol License, I was Forbidden by NY City Law from carrying a Weapon. I worked through the 80s until Oct 2001, My last duty was at Ground Zero. Because NYC was a Soft Target Crime was running wild. One incident that changed me was when 3 Thugs entered a Wendy's fast food joint, and forced 5 employees and customers into a back room and Slaughtered them. Soon after I went to work with my S&W 36 in my Pocket, Law or no Law. Thank Goodness I never had to Draw it. 911 photos 044 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
  1. I got interested in Cowboy action, that lead to reenacting. In Iowa you need a permit to have a loaded gun in a vehicle. I didn't want anyone thinking they could get the guns from my trunk without a fight. Also if I had a loaded gun in the vehicle I was legal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got myself licensed simply because wanted to have the option to carry if I felt the need without the risk of having a weapons charge that would then hinder my rights in the future. Turns out I have carried every day since I received my licensed.

The short answer to the question of the thread is "Becuase I can!"

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I was 71 and I'd been retired for 8 years, I decided to buy a handgun and go through all the hoops to get a CPL when a rash of attacks and robberies of elderly started being weekly happenings in several local towns that we go for Dr appointments and shopping.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can't think of any reason NOT to carry. I want to always be prepared for whatever may come our way, and know I at least will be capable of equal force against it. Man or Woman, would you be able to live with yourself if you could have reversed or stopped a tragedy, but were unprepared and suffered the dire consequences instead? I know I couldn't. I strongly feel I may NEVER encounter a situation where I absolutely will need to use deadly force. But should I, I am prepared to take a life if the choice is between theirs or myself/my loved ones (including the dogs!). I would not hesitate, and feel I could quickly assess whether or not that deadly force would be justified, or if it could be handled without it.

781 - 789 of 789 Posts