Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wish list would include:

* - A rugged, reliable, high quality 1911 for $500 or under.

* - A pump shotgun.

* - A true pocket semi auto, in 9mm or larger.

* - A side-by-side, "Greener" type 12 gauge coachgun.

* - A GP100 in .44 Special.

* - A Vaquero in .44 Special.

* - Work out the accuracy problems that kept them from introducing the XGI .308 semiauto in the 1980s and bring it to the market.

What new guns do you want Ruger to bring out?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would like to see the stainless Bisley with 5 1/2 inch barrel as a regular production item (all calibers.)
I also would like to see Flattops in all calibers, including .44 Special.
Would LOVE a Redhawk/Super Redhawk hybrid. What I mean by that is a Redhawk with the GP/Super Redhawks innards and grip stud. Would also like to see a GP sized gun in .41 Mag.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
A sub-compact line of their P series and a competition grade bolt action.

A tactical entry .12ga pump would be sweet. :)

(by sub-compact I mean 3" barrel length)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
And I'll take 'em for the second round when TnTut is done.
I'd like to see the affordable pump shotgun and a 1911 style auto.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A new double action revolver. Gp100 inspired design, larger than the gp but smaller than the redhawk (N-frame s&w?). Make it a 6-shooter for the 45 acp, 10mm, (love them full moon clips), 44mag, 45 colt. Offer in 3",4", and 6" short lug.
Hmmm, we got redhawks, blackhawks, Hawkeyes,----call it a tomahawk?

·
Registered
145 Posts
A Bisley with 4 5/8 barrel in .41 mag or 44/40--with adjustable sights.
a single six in 32/20 and .32 H&R Mag.
a Redwawk in .454 Casull........

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like bestseller's idea of a high quality 1911; I would like it in stainless, something like the new Taurus 1911, except with Ruger on the slide;

I too, wanted to see production materialize of the XGI in .308; I still do.

I like sheepdog's idea of a .45ACP stainless carbine using P90 magazines or even 1911 magazines that are all over the place, including 15, 20, 30 rounders;

I like gunman's idea of a GP sized revolver in .41Mag.;

I like Keith's idea of sub-compact P series pistols (in all three calibers);

A Ruger .380 in a PPK size would be nice and would sell for me as a backup;

I would like to see a 10mm in a full sized semi-auto, great cartridge; this could also be offered in a 1911 style;

I would like to see a 2.5" .41Mag. and .44Mag in a GP sized revolver;

I have forever wanted a DA Ruger "S&W J frame sized" .22 revolver with an extra .22Mag. swing out cylinder;

I have also forever wanted a Ruger pocket sized .22LR, like a Walther PPK, P22 or Beretta 21A. I love the Walther P22 in the green grip. I sell a lot of them. Customers will pay for quality. Ruger is losing a huge market here. I know of one dealer in a city of 125,000+ that sells "hundreds of them" (P22s). Ruger could too.

There is a market out there for guys like me who have little hands. I have P94s, P944s, P90s, etc. but I cannot get my little paws around them. The large size P series pistols caused me to lose LE sales/trades ever since they came out. I sell Glocks too; they helped me be competitive in the LE market. We DO have to take all of the PD's trades...sometimes they are Sigmas! God forbid! How do I unload 30 of them?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just remembered another for my wish list...a 2.5" Alaskan sized revolver in .460; it may hurt the .454 Alaskan market temporarily, but eventually it could dominate it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What they said...

-- compact version of P-series
-- 1911 milspec to compete with the Taurus 1911 'factory custom'
-- .380 subcompact for warm weather carry or BUG

Jay1958

quote:Originally posted by Ron Honner

I like bestseller's idea of a high quality 1911; I would like it in stainless, something like the new Taurus 1911, except with Ruger on the slide;

I like Keith's idea of sub-compact P series pistols (in all three calibers);

A Ruger .380 in a PPK size would be nice and would sell for me as a backup;

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now THAT would make me want one in .45LC---and why not do it in any DA .45LC ?

·
Registered
880 Posts
You guys have some neat ideas...particularly the wheelgun stuff. I'd kinda like to see more convertible Blackhawks,too.

But...more than anything...a "baby number one" carbine in, say, 44-40, 32-20, .357, and the #1-A in things like 30-30 and 25-35...the .405, as a "bigger" round, was a great starting-off point!

·
Registered
346 Posts
OK, I'm a big bore fan. 44s and 45s, so here goes.

FIRST> I'd like Ruger to introduce a slim, all steel auto pistol in 45 ACP. The P series is too wide and bulky for a single stack magazine. It can be double action, I don't mind, but slim it down and put a thumb operated safety on it. I never did like the European style safeties they use.

SECOND> I'd like to see a mid frame double action revolver. Something capable of chambering the 44 Special and the .45 Colt, but not on the huge Redhawk frame. Maybe split the difference between the GP 100 and the Redhawk.
And chamber it for something other than the stinkin magnum rounds. Not every body wants a magnum.

THIRD> I'd like Ruger to make at least one series of their Mdl 77 Rifles in the standard calibers WITH iron sights. I don't use scopes and I won't buy a gun without sights.

I'll not hold my breath. Blue is not a good color for me.

Joe

1 - 20 of 47 Posts