Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What optics do you recomend for a ruger 10/22.

i like the BSA sweet 22 so far since it is well under $100 thats my limit right now.

i would like to do a Red dot + FTS magnifier but i think that might be out limit.

Viceroy 馃煩馃煩馃煩
What optics do you recomend for a ruger 10/22.

i like the BSA sweet 22 so far since it is well under $100 thats my limit right now.

i would like to do a Red dot + FTS magnifier but i think that might be out limit.
A lot of people here recommended the Simmons rimfire scopes to me once, and I'm glad I listened. I now own two and they're really great for only costing around $40 on Amazon.

Registered
It really depends on how you plan to use your 10/22. For backyard plinking, a scope is not even necessary. The factory sights are perfectly fine, or I suppose a red dot sight would be good for that, too.

As for scopes, there are quite a few reasonably priced options in 2-7X and 3-9X scopes. Although many people who buy really inexpensive scopes seem to be happy with them, they are very hit or miss in quality. I'd recommend saving up a bit until you can afford a halfway decent one.

Registered

Registered
For the price and features that are on this scope its a great scope for a .22 and thats the Simmons .22 Mag scope. I have one of these on my Henry Frontier .22 Lever Action Rifle. I was going to spend some $$ on a scope but I thought what the heck try this scope out. I must have got a great deal on mine a 3-9x32 Simmons .22 Mag scope I bought it on Amazon roughly just over a year ago and got it delivered to my door for about $28.00!!! I have used this scope its got clear optics and hey it fills my needs just fine!!!

Registered

Registered
I was going to do the Nikon Rimfire 4-9x40 scope on mine, but the $120 price tag kept me from doing it.

I went with the Simmons 22 mag 3-9x32 for $38 delivered and I'm very happy with it. Nice and clear, holds zero, and not a budget buster.

I did a lot of research when buying my scope..........and the Simmons was always mentioned as a top 22lr rifle scope.

Steve

Registered
Vortex 3x9 hands down the best scope cost is about $100 and comes with the best warranty I ever seen on a scope especially the fact it's only $100 lifetime forever warranty it will last as long as your 10/22

Registered
Burris, 2-7x32. Great scope.

Jason

Registered
Nikon's 4X Prostaff rimfire is just great for 25-75 yards & is simple & very clear.

You can normally find them around $100

"The Real Deal"
If your going the red dot route, I would recommend the tactical solutions metal rail which allows you to still use the irons if you have no red dot mounted, and the primary arms MD RGB II, I have this setup on my plinker, very fun and a great sight setup under $100. Imhave shot this setup out to 100 yards easily. I have pictures of thie setup on mine, if you need to see it. I also run the same sight on a 9mm m11, and a mark III 5.5" target with a tandemkross rail. Never am issue.

Primary Arms Micro Dot With Removable Base - MD-RBGII - Primary Arms

Tactical Solutions 1-Piece Picatinny-Style Base Ruger 10/22 Black

For a scope, I recommend nikon, most are over $100 but well worth the money, and a set of weaver tactical 6 hole rings, they are the standard of rings I use on any of my builds, 22lr to 30.06.

Registered
I have a blued 10/22 with the plastic stock, I plan to go with probably a cheap Tasco since it's just a knockaround plinker. I can't justify a $150 scope for a .22 range blaster. There's a Tasco model that's been around for decades, most people seem to think they work well just for casual plinking and they're like $30. I'm not taking this 10/22 into combat so I'll see how the Tasco works.

Now,when I get my stainless Bull barrel 10/22 and put it in a Hogue stock, I'll spend some money for good optics, since this will be my "serious" .22 target rifle........still a "fun gun" but I have always wanted a 10/22 that's "done right".

Registered
I have a 10/22 with the Tapco Intrafuse stock on it and the factory rear sight was too low to use properly with the new stock. So I put a FireField red/green dot sight [$40 from Dunhams] on it and it works great! It has multiple reticles and brightness settings and is very easy to sight in.

"The Real Deal"
I have a blued 10/22 with the plastic stock, I plan to go with probably a cheap Tasco since it's just a knockaround plinker. I can't justify a $150 scope for a .22 range blaster. There's a Tasco model that's been around for decades, most people seem to think they work well just for casual plinking and they're like $30. I'm not taking this 10/22 into combat so I'll see how the Tasco works.

Now,when I get my stainless Bull barrel 10/22 and put it in a Hogue stock, I'll spend some money for good optics, since this will be my "serious" .22 target rifle........still a "fun gun" but I have always wanted a 10/22 that's "done right".
I hear you, I had a cheap tasco red dot on my 10/22 and it would not stayed zerod, so I stepped up, but didn't break the bank either. The primary arms sight is equally at home on an ak, hk, or ar15, its not combat grade, but very well made, and zero issues.

I also went the same route as you spoke of years ago and built a 10/22 target before they offered one the way I wanted. It has a hogue overmold stock, .920 butler creek black fluted barrel, and I threaded it 1/2脳28 for muzzle accesories. Tactical solutions rail, nikon bdc scope, and volquartsen trigger. Added the bipod, and away I went. With the cci green tag ammo 40 grain its submoa, i have easily shot 12 gauge empty hulls off the top of my target stand at 100 yards, and the rifle is sighted 50 yards. Its a tack driving machine. So I know what you speak of, it was totally worth it.

Registered
i found these that i like so far. from what i read all them simmons, utg, and berska all are highly regarded. and all come with life time warranty. i know some may be over kill on magnification.

Amazon.com : Ledsniper庐riflescope 6-24x50 Aoe Red & Green & Blue Illuminated Mil-dot Adjustable Intensified Rifle Scope + Sunshade + Flip-up Caps + Rail Mounts : Sports & Outdoors
I'd add this to your short list. Similar specs to the one above, but has 1/8" adjustment vs 1/4", and only red and green reticle colors. Oh, and it is half the price.
http://www.amazon.com/CVLIFE-Hunting-6-24x50-Illuminated-Crosshair/dp/B007UT3N4Y
I have 3 of them and have been very pleased. One is on a 10/22 which I shoot at 200 yards. Great, clear picture.

Registered
I've always just used the factory sights on my 10/22. I have really excellent eyesight. But if I was to get a scope I'd recommend a Cabela's rimfire scope. If there's a store near you they tend to go on sale for under $50 every few months. I looked at one up close and it was very well built. Also a lot of people don't know but glass on them is from Japan.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts