Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
No gun needed if it is like other moose I have seen on trails in Upper Michigan. The Michigan deer are smaller, but I never felt threatened as long as I stood still.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wouldn’t shoot it unless I absolutely had to in order to save my life. If I had to, my No.1 in .375 H&H.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I think I'd just let that one walk right on by. That's what I've done on the few occasions I've had when crossing paths with moose in the wild. Did have a close call with one, though, while driving a VW Bug in Alaska. Now, that was scary.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Oh, my .45 Colt. I used to carry a .357 pea shooter until I was caught in the middle of a stream with a bull moose on the bank. Now, he went his way, and I went mine, but it got me to thinking after looking 'up' at 'em with me knee deep in the water! It's really the cow (now where is the calf, swiveling neck) that I worry most about when I see Moose.

No.1 in .375 H&H
Kind of tough hauling that around while fishing ;) or just hiking.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'd let him go too...THIS one on the other hand, what Ruger?
These boys sounded like they were drinking, laughing so much. Almost sounded Russian but not sure. The animal was in full attack mode, ears pinned back and moving fast. . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8R9fwsEA6M

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
Handgun my 45 colt 71/2 inch blackhawk loaded with buffalo bore 335 grain swc. 1400 fps out of my blackhawk and 2 inchs at 25 yards. Long gun a ruger guide gun in 416 ruger.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oh, my .45 Colt. I used to carry a .357 pea shooter until I was caught in the middle of a stream with a bull moose on the bank. Now, he went his way, and I went mine, but it got me to thinking after looking 'up' at 'em with me knee deep in the water! It's really the cow (now where is the calf, swiveling neck) that I worry most about when I see Moose.

Kind of tough hauling that around while fishing ;) or just hiking.
A lot like a condom, better to have it and not need it - than to need it and not have it ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just a .22..

I look at it this way. I don't have to be fast. I just have to shoot anyone of you guy's in the foot and be faster than YOU!

:p

·
Registered
520 Posts
.375!

Looks like lots of lunch on the hoof to me, providing season is open! No doubt a big Alaska/Yukon moose can go 8- 9' at the top of the shoulder, them boys got some long legs fo sure! I would mention that the trail he's crossing looks a lot more like a double wide hiking trail than an interstate, you might be able to drive a truck down it but you'll be buffing out brush scratches for a month!

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
SBH 454 Bisley or my Guide Gun 30-06 loaded with 220gr.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
...be sure to look at post #8.

I'd unload my new Redhawk 4" with Buffalo Bore 45 long +P's 1325 grainers. How'd they happen to be filming that?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts