Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
842 Posts
Just a .22..

I look at it this way. I don't have to be fast. I just have to shoot anyone of you guy's in the foot and be faster than YOU!

:p
True story on this note...

Someone once asked me what handgun I'd like to have if we were hunting together and has a bear charge us...here's the exchange:

Buddy: "What would stop the bear?
Me: I could stop the bear with a .22 Short..maybe two.
Buddy: Head shot?
Me: Nope...kneecap...
Buddy: Really?
Me: Yep...*yours*...at that point...I think I could outrun you after that...

We both got a good laugh, because he actually was taking me seriously up to that point...

Aqualung

Reactions: Kenny53

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I don't think Ruger sells an RPG

·
Registered
947 Posts
That is one really big boy. I don't think it would matter what was in my hand, I'd just stay real still and let him wander away.......

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
No gun needed if it is like other moose I have seen on trails in Upper Michigan. The Michigan deer are smaller, but I never felt threatened as long as I stood still.
Lol, note the "Yukon" location from my Northern brother(no not an SUV here in Canada). That be the real deal, 7mm Magnum for me please.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Find two sturdy trees planted closer than the width of his rack, pray for a 10mm or 45/70 to drop from the sky, put your head between your legs, kiss your....

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Looks like lots of lunch on the hoof to me, providing season is open! No doubt a big Alaska/Yukon moose can go 8- 9' at the top of the shoulder, them boys got some long legs fo sure! I would mention that the trail he's crossing looks a lot more like a double wide hiking trail than an interstate, you might be able to drive a truck down it but you'll be buffing out brush scratches for a month!
I thought the same. Looks like a 4 wheeler or side by side path. Nice bull though. Ive seen too many videos of guys getting plowed shooting a bull that close. I believe since he is headed the other way, Id just let him go and be thankful he wasnt in a bad mood.

Those guys were obviously hunting that bear. Mongolian maybe :confused: . And bear hunting is a big thing with them. The bear appeared to have been having trouble with his rear legs, so was probably wounded,, and they certainly were expecting him to charge. so,,,,.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I bet that is a 4 wheeler/snowmobile trail, makes him look ungodly huge. still is a big moose though.

10mm on my belt.
I'd let him go, I want a younger better eating animal.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,409 Posts
If I am out hiking in brown bear or moose country, I would carry my Super Redhawk .454 Casull.

If I was hunting them, I would carry my M-77 Hawkeye in .338 WinMag or my CZ .416 Rigby.

·
One Star
10,447 Posts
This Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum it's the biggest one I own.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I love my 10mm so that in a SR1911.
Until I could get a Glock M40 with 16 rounds of FMJ.

But only for desperate self-defense. That majestic moose should live, the earth needs more moose and fewer people.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I don't know what I would want. I have seen moose up close and personal before and have carried different guns, 12ga, .270, 22lr, and I felt under gunned. Every time I have seen moose I went my way and they watched me leave or went their way.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
My 454 Casull Alaskan.................

21 - 40 of 41 Posts