Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just won a beretta px4 Storm full size 9mm at a ducks unlimited event that I need to pick up at the local gun shop in a few days. I haven't seen it yet and know nothing about the gun but was wondering what would be a current w ruger model in case I decide to trade for another 9mm.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Either the SR9 full size or the Ruger American in 9mm are "roughly" equivalent.

The Rugers are striker fired rather than hammer models. Ruger has no current 9mm hammer models in full sized frames. The P series went away a few years ago.

Beretta, Sig are the big names in hammer semi auto pistols and even they are making srtriker models now.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Beretta and subsequently, Stoeger are to my knowledge the only guns with rotating barrels, so you won't find a Ruger like that. Also the Beretta is hammer fired while the Rugers are striker fired. You'll have to handle both to make your own judgment.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I considered the PX4 for my first 9mm pistol (, but went with the SR9c which won out for one main reason: I found the safety lever on the PX4 harder to operate and for my first handgun, I wanted to be comfortable with manipulating the safety

That said, I loved shooting the PX4 (I rented one several times while deciding what to buy) and in particular, the rotating barrel (reminded me of the Garand). It was really easy to shoot, with little muzzle flip and very accurate

I think you'll like it ... if you don't, let me know! ;-)

·
One more gun
316 Posts
Grand Power K100 is also hammer fired with a rotating barrel.

·
Registered
392 Posts
if you are not liking Beretta, maybe we can swap guns? I have a 9mm clone of the famous Soviet T-33 (Soviet re-invention of Browning pistol. has sliding trigger, link, barrel bushing, etc.). Pistol M70A | Zastava-arms
a beauty yes? comes in excellent quality plastic box. 2 magazines.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You can buy a berretta storm carbine in 9mm

You can get a matching beretta storm rifle in 9mm that takes the same mags if you decide to keep the berretta

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
To answer the OPs post......"what Ruger is comparable to the Berretta PX4 Storm"........answer, NONE. Ruger doesn't have a hammer fired semi-auto, so again there is NOTHING comparable. And I fully realize this is a Ruger site........BUT Ruger doesn't make a 9mm I would rather own than a Storm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Storm

No experience with a PX4 Storm but a work buddy traded for a Stoeger Cougar 9mm with the same rotating barrel design, only shot it once but was impressed with the performance. If I'd won a Storm I think I'd shoot it a few times before trading it off. I've have a few Beretta pistols & still own a Storm carbine and from what I've read on the forums the PX4s seem to have a good reputation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts