Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a SR762 back in March. Now that I've got the rifle were I want it (minus trigger) that'll be next year. This is my first ar style rifle, being that I have no idea what spare parts are handy to keep laying around. Do you guys have a list of parts I can stock up on?

Thanks in advance.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,041 Posts
Well, I do not own an sr762, however I do own more than a dozen ar rifles, in multi calibers. I also build them as well. In my reserve parts stash which will also apply to the sr762 since it uses the same that I have are these.

Bolt cam pin
Firing pin(s)
Firing pin retainer(s)
Bolt assembly, (minus the carrier its nearly indestructible)
Detent springs for the safety, and rear takedown pin
Detent for safety and takedown pins.

Those are the most common. The parts that wear the most or have the highest probability of failure is the cam pin, or firing pin, then followed by the bolt, mainly the extractor or spring. The rest of the parts are as oh shoot I lost the spring or detent when swapping the grip, or buttstock. This parts are fairly inexpensive except maybe the bolt. I keep these spares around to keep mine running. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,044 Posts
I have pretty much quit buying spare parts ... mostly just a waste of money as evidenced by my parts bin ..... full of expensive parts that I will likely never need. Brownell's will provide next day service if you get in a bind. I'm lucky ... if Brownell's ships via USPS or UPS Ground, I'll have the part the next business day. I'm also lucky that I have several spare guns so if one breaks, I always have a substitute until I can get the broken gun up and running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts