Ruger Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
FDE - For Dire Emergencies !
Beautiful. It reminds me of a morning when I was hunting a clear cut from a climber. I was way up in a sweetgum tree and my camo was good. My climber is painted in a break up pattern and I had a camo sleeve over my barrel. My scope was a bare black Leupold. I didn't see any deer but a red tail hawk kept circling back to check me out. I think he thought it looked like a fox squirrel from a distance. I wish more scope companies would offer options in FDE or ODG. I paid to have my Sig Sauer Bravo 5 no-bake cerakoted in FDE.

· Registered
325 Posts
I just made it easy on myself and bought all Magpul ''furniture" when I switched the parts on my DS-10. Figured they had their act together on the color, as in your stock. Even paint cans from different manufactures can't seem to agree.
Deacon Bob
That's the trick -- every thing from the same manufacturer means that every thing will likely match.

· Registered
103 Posts
Once you have all the "plastic pieces," why not just spray them with one color so they all match? Maybe run a piece of tape around each mag before painting, so when you remove the tape there is a stripe so that you can tell at a glance which caliber they are. Do the same with the pistol grip.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts