Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,345 Posts
SMH, reminds me of the line in Karate Kid, "dunno, never been attacked by tree", I've never been attack by a fire hydrant or had reason to shoot one. Thankfully he's OK!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I saw this in the Guns America email. That was pretty catastrophic. It looked like more than just a double charge. All I can say is that I hope his eyesight returns to normal in his right eye. The amount of force needed to launch pieces hard enough to break the orbital bone and blow another down into his lung is tremendous.

He was sure shooting that handgun well at the end of the video, well. It's good to see that he didn't develop a flinch. Some people might have that problem after a kaboom like he had.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,556 Posts
Wow!

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
653 Posts
Last month I said this guy and the who tee who video guy are going to kill themselves somehow.

I don't shoot flat steel with a 30-06 less than 200 yards without a slight angle and these guys want to shoot 50 cal at targets that have built in angles ready to send fragments right back at them.

And what does he mean he had no idea how to be able to tell if they were hot. When I started loading 9mm I would weigh all the rounds and I had a 2 grain difference in a few of them so I pulled the bullets. I salvaged what powder I could and reused the primed brass... just to be on the safe side. If there is a 30 grain difference or higher, you might not want to shoot it. If he buys a scale, then he can have an idea.

Just seems like a matter of time before these guys finish themselves off.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The best thing ? His Dad didn't panic, saved him and he lived through it all.

Any wiser ??? Not taking any bets on that one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
@rmichael63, thank you for posting this video. It is critically important that test shooters understand the dangers of exploring the unknown or unpredictable. Fortunately, I never had a similar experience, but I empathize with your chest experience. I can remember my chest filling with fluids after taking an AK47 round. In my left side, through the lung and it ending up lodged between 2 vertebrae. My lung collapsed. My chest filled with fluid. Breathing was becoming impossible. Then I got lucky. A corpsman saw my and he took my Ka-Bar and stuck it between two ribs and twisted it so the fluids could drain out. He told be to hold the tension on the knife until the medi-vac got to an aid station. What in hated most was that feeing of not being able to breath until he stuck me. You were lucky dad was there and that you kept your wits about you. I pray that your injuries heal perfectly and quickly. In the future be careful about old ammo and ammo you have reliable info about. Semper Fi.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Incredible learning experience. I hope he does a video on what they did right and what they did wrong. I would the calm and rational way they handled it probably saved his life, eye, face, etc.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hmm lucky guy,very lucky,For him and his family I am grateful he isn't dead and wish him a speedy recovery.. I do get the feeling he used all his luck up prior shooting at a solid steel object with ammo that was from or loaded to what charge, well actually who really knows in a rifle that relies on a screw on end cap to hold the fired charge energy in the chamber back and send the projectile forward.. Sorry but for a few YouTube likes or extra channel views its just plain dumb from the outset...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts