Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
After watching the "explosion" at roughly the 4 min mark ( yes i fast forwarded per the guy who sent it to me) i went back and watched it in it's entirety. I was amazed at the screw on end piece and how the rear of the gun locked in place. Still not sure if this is a one and done custom or a commercially produced firearm. I think he says ( hard to fully catch it) Barrett ... does anyone know this to be true?

Reactions: Maddmax

·
Administrator
22,163 Posts
After watching the "explosion" at roughly the 4 min mark ( yes i fast forwarded per the guy who sent it to me) i went back and watched it in it's entirety. I was amazed at the screw on end piece and how the rear of the gun locked in place. Still not sure if this is a one and done custom or a commercially produced firearm. I think he says ( hard to fully catch it) Barrett ... does anyone know this to be true?
The way it stripped the threads off the end piece took some pressure to do that. He said they estimated 85k psi, wouldn't surprise me if it were even higher. He is lucky to be alive.

·
Registered
287 Posts
@rmichael63, thank you for posting this video. It is critically important that test shooters understand the dangers of exploring the unknown or unpredictable. Fortunately, I never had a similar experience, but I empathize with your chest experience. I can remember my chest filling with fluids after taking an AK47 round. In my left side, through the lung and it ending up lodged between 2 vertebrae. My lung collapsed. My chest filled with fluid. Breathing was becoming impossible. Then I got lucky. A corpsman saw my and he took my Ka-Bar and stuck it between two ribs and twisted it so the fluids could drain out. He told be to hold the tension on the knife until the medi-vac got to an aid station. What in hated most was that feeing of not being able to breath until he stuck me. You were lucky dad was there and that you kept your wits about you. I pray that your injuries heal perfectly and quickly. In the future be careful about old ammo and ammo you have reliable info about. Semper Fi.
A tension pneumothorax decompression with a K-Bar... That's some really quick thinking. I wouldn't have even thought of trying that with anything other than a syringe like they taught us in our Combat Life Saver class.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,045 Posts
Why i reload my own 50bmg rounds and spent so much on my rifle to make sure the quality was their so i would have less worries. Bad ammo for sure. He was extremely lucky. Wild video and lesson for sure.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
I can’t say I’ve ever seen this before nor do I want to. The reality is this can happen to anyone at any time with any firearm. These weren’t reloads, but the next time you think about blazing your own trail behind your press remember this guy.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Ooop.......I’ve been MIA the last few days......... :p

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ooop.......I’ve been MIA the last few days......... :p
What my posting of this video wasn't good enough Mark ... :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)🤯🤯🤯 ... MIA, out buying new supply of snow shovels ... 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
What my posting of this video wasn't good enough Mark ... :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)🤯🤯🤯 ... MIA, out buying new supply of snow shovels ... 🤷‍♂️
No I’ve been spending more time on the Accurate Shooer forum. That vid was crazy though.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No I’ve been spending more time on the Accurate Shooer forum. That vid was crazy though.
What is it they shoo away accurately? :p
Me thinks it might be a horseshoe pitchin' forum or maybe a Shoo Fly Pie forum ... 🤷‍♂️ ... only Mark knows ... right buddy ... right?

·
Registered
80 Posts
A tension pneumothorax decompression with a K-Bar... That's some really quick thinking. I wouldn't have even thought of trying that with anything other than a syringe like they taught us in our Combat Life Saver class.
That corpsman really improvised. Happened during a week when we counterattacked the NVA. So many grunts were wounded, incoming supplies were low. Because snipers had all the avenues from prospective LZs to the interior of the city covered by sniper fire. I had seen corpsmen make a small incision between ribs and insert a tube to drain a chest wound. The problem was all that had been used up, broken, or lost when corpsmen were KIA of WIA. indeed the fellow improvised and it saved my life.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
..........Accurate Shooter..........

Reactions: rmichael63
21 - 40 of 64 Posts