Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out back about an hour ago shooting off some old ammo and getting a little practice at the same time with my Glock 17 and after about the 3rd. mag my 17 went full auto!! I about pooed my paints. I put in another mag and it did not do it, so I thought I must have done something but I don't know what. I placed the 5th. mag in and now it's full auto again and will not go back to simi. I know what you all are thinking, and "NO" I have not done anything to this glock, ever!!. I put some steel sights on last year, thats all. It's a 2nd genny Glock, I've had it for about 2 years now and have shot about give or take 1000 rounds down range. Will this damage my Glock, what do I do, who do I tell, I don't know what to do. I don't want my Glock took away from my by ATF. It's kind of cool, well I will not lie, it's WAY COOL, but I know it's most likly not legel. So can anyone tell what to do? HELP!!!! (but take your time, I still have ammo to shot):D

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I wouldn't have any use for one like that. I can shoot enough through a Semi-auto. Sounds like something wore out or broke in it. I would be hunting a Gunsmith or looking for a new gun. A gun that is made for full Auto might be all right, but I wouldn't trust a semi that went full Auto.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That's completely unacceptable, illegal behavior from your Glock. If it's still doing that after a couple hundred more magazines, I'd call Glock and complain!

Haha j/k, you should call them ASAP, malfunctioning don't make it legal!

And the Glock 18 (FA version of the 17) WAS MADE for full auto. :D

From what I gather, the Glock 18 is a selective-fire version of the semi-automatic Glock 17, and the only external differences between the two pistols are the markings on the slide and the selector switch at the rear of the slide - other than being weary of other possible malfunctions stemming from the one that caused the FA condition, I'd trust the gun to handle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Heavy J, you got a bad thing on your hands. That thing could injure or kill someone! I suggest you box it up, and send it to me immediately for proper disposal... Oh yea, don't tell anyone you sent it to me either. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I guess the important question is....
What kind of groups are you getting? :D
Brian

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Brian1782

I guess the important question is....
What kind of groups are you getting? :D