Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you got multiple subscriptions to various gun magazines...

After they stack up and you've got them memorized what do you do with them?

Me? I put them in the waiting rooms of the various doctors and hospitals I go to. I'm pretty tired of Red Book, Cosmo, Sport Ill and Woman's Day..

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,819 Posts
....I put them in the waiting rooms of the various doctors and hospitals I go to. I'm pretty tired of Red Book, Cosmo, Sport Ill and Woman's Day..
I love it! Great idea! Can't stand People and Golf Digest either. I recycle my old magazines - it's my "carbon offset" for all the powder I burn at the range. :D

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
That's a good idea. I usually just peel the address label off and run that through the shredder and put the magazine in the paper recycling bin. I may use your idea from now on (I'll still peel the label off though).

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I usually just peel the address label off and run that through the shredder and put the magazine in the paper recycling bin.
Pretty much what I do, though I will keep anything of real interest.

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
That's a good idea about the Doctor's office. I wish I could memorize them.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Usually when I'm browsing at gun shows, I like to keep an eye out for bundles of old magizines sellers have for sale, like Guns & Ammo, Shooting Times, ect.

I really like the time period when the OM SA revolvers were new, and writers like Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton did evaluations and magazine articles on them.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
People seem to have luck selling them on eBay. Some are too pricey to me, though.

I can imagine someone wanting an article or advertisement for the old gun they just bought.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I'm WAY too sentimental to ditch my old gun mags like that. I still re-read them all, to this day. I cherish them because of the days of my youth when I learned all of the basics from Jan Libourel, Dave Arnold, Massad Ayoob, Chuck Taylor, Evan Marshall...That's why I still have boatloads of them, dating back to 1985.;)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I copy off the articles that are of interest and then toss the magazine after a year or so... Like your idea of doctors offices... Though my dentist does have hunting mags sitting around. The articles of interest go into my three ring binder. That way it is much easier to look something up say on say the .45 Colt. Going to have to start another binder!

·
Registered
359 Posts
When I still had friends in the sand box, I was saving them and sending them in care packages with all the necessities like beef jerky and various mens magazines, etc. My buddies were all told they got the best packages.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I take my old mags and put them on the break table at work and let my mechanics read them, but they usually take them home.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I keep all my nra magazines and american handgunner and combat handguns. I have had only a sharp no or a you cannot be serious after offering them to doctors offices. NJ i guess. I sell some of garage sales etc.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Any articles I want to keep I take out, scan them into PDF and archive them in Evernote. Then I usually recycle the rest with the other papers, magazines, etc.

I use to take articles out, put them in plastic page protectors, and then into a ring binder. I was the KING of 3-Ring Binders. Now, thanks to Evernote, I no longer have to keep any of that material handy unless I want or need something in paper format for a particular reason.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I keep all my nra magazines and american handgunner and combat handguns. I have had only a sharp no or a you cannot be serious after offering them to doctors offices. NJ i guess. I sell some of garage sales etc.
Who said anything about asking them first?

If I leave an NRA magazine, I leave it open to Armed Citizen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts