Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!
I've had my AR556 MPR for about a week now and I'm looking into a sling. Which ones are forum members here using as far as single double point and do you have any pictures?

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,564 Posts
Home made from surplus motorcycle tie down straps. On all three of my ARs. I go for function over fads.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,805 Posts
Here's mine. It a nylon "hasty" type 1",sling with a Magpul quick disconnect that plugs into the Ruger factory sight assembly on the front and the Ruger stock at the rear. It was inexpensive but serves the purpose very well.

·
"The Real Deal"
9,108 Posts
No ar556 but many AR's. I tend to run a milspec style sling from usa slings, veteran owned, and benefits disabled vets.

"USA Slings" http://www.usaslings.com

Run a few tradtionally on the bottom, and several on the 9 o'clock position, well made, no complaints. Works well on other firearms too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a Magpul MS4 that I use on two ARs
I run it two point on my 16" AR and use it single and two point on my 8" AR9
The AR15 has a single point QD but I don't use it that way.

I have a Vickers Blue force padded sling for my SR762 that I like a lot better than the MS4 as it's a pig.

·
Banned
4,564 Posts
No ar556 but many AR's. I tend to run a milspec style sling from usa slings, veteran owned, and benefits disabled vets.

"USA Slings" http://www.usaslings.com

Run a few tradtionally on the bottom, and several on the 3 o'clock position, well made, no complaints. Works well on other firearms too.

View attachment 156839
Thanks for the tip! I think I'll try em!

Reactions: Tacky

·
Banned
1,716 Posts
Viking VTac MK1 and Vickers is all I use. These are the 2 that the military uses so if they are good enough for them then they are good for you.

·
"The Real Deal"
9,108 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I think I'll try em!
No problem, they are 1.25" wide, usually bout $15 each, but many different color options, have several OD green, olive, black, and even a grey one. Running these on a 9 o'clock on a rail, or handguard, and making a swivel mount socket on an A2 stock is a great combination ive used. Works well with the magpul acs and moe stocks.

I run a few single points( maybe 2 or 3) but perfer the 2 point side modification for better retention, when i dont need a quick release.

The vickers is a good sling too.

Reactions: Maddmax and Sr40ken
1 - 11 of 11 Posts