Ruger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have my own pistol range at home..25 yd range with ar-500 targets ranging from 2 inch to 8 inch in diameter round swinging steel and a 300 yard rifle range with an ar-500 4 inch and 6 inch gong. .22-.45 cal on pistol range and .223-.308 cal on rifle range.
Living in the country has it's advantages..:)

·
Registered
538 Posts
12” steel plate hung from a shepherds crook, all my handgun calibers except .45Colt +P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Paper for load development, POA establishment, CCW practice but for fun, steel! I use A500 but have a few Propane tanks down range. My neighbor likes to call after I shoot to critique. He hears the shot then the ‘bong’, or sometimes not, and knows what kind of day I’m having.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I used to to totally love shooting steel. However, shooting steel seems to be like eating double dark chocolate ice cream: As a treat is it wonderful. As a steady diet it gets boring.

Our club took one of the two pistol ranges and changed it to steel only and set up a couple dozen steel targets, from falling plates and swinging hanging plates to a dueling tree and etc. and so forth. Now with so many steel targets always there and all in one place it is just not fun like it used to be.

Now I prefer to set up paper targets (and some plastic bottles, etc.) at varying distances on the other range and do a lot of shooting while on the move. That's better practice for self defense anyway, right?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts