Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here we go again, Election time, here comes the big panic who will be the next one to lead our country for the next 4 years, With every election comes higher price on ammo, everyone thinks that they will ban ammo or what ever to make the price higher, when obama came in 4years ago prices went threw the roof, I think with the panic were our own worst enemy, We drive the prices up thinkin its not going to be out there anymore. Bull I say, you ever hear of a Ammo company going out of business, no, If anything open some more ammo companys put people back to work. will keep are eyes out on prices

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Actually, I'm seeing evidence of just the opposite. Quite a bit of ammo out there on the Internet at sale prices.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Out of curiosity I took a peek at SGAmmo, which by my very rough count has at least 250,000 rounds of 9mm ready to ship.

Will a quarter million rounds be enough to meet your needs, sir?:D

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Bigger question is whether Barry will finally get the ammo tax he so badly wants.

His Chicago cronies were trying to push that through there just last week, as a violence tax to pay for health care.

Of course Barry doesn't bother with trying to pass legislation, he can just have the EPA institute a lead free fee, and instantly double the price of ammo, maybe triple (why think small). Hey, it's working for shutting down the coal industry.

Vote early and often.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I've been at several gun shops over the weekend and they all looked well stocked. Wally World is always a question mark. Shows that not many of us gun nuts are worried about post-November 6.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Had to make a quick stop at Wally World yesterday evening so I looked the ammo section over - supply about the same as expected for the end of a weekend. Prices the same. I bought a box of Federal AutoMatch and a 100 rd value pack of WWB 130gr 38 spcl. Didn't need either one but it never hurts to keep the ammo locker well stocked.

·
Banned
108 Posts
here we go again, Election time, here comes the big panic who will be the next one to lead our country for the next 4 years, With every election comes higher price on ammo, everyone thinks that they will ban ammo or what ever to make the price higher, when obama came in 4years ago prices went threw the roof, I think with the panic were our own worst enemy, We drive the prices up thinkin its not going to be out there anymore. Bull I say, you ever hear of a Ammo company going out of business, no, If anything open some more ammo companys put people back to work. will keep are eyes out on prices
Stoke up fear of losing your 2nd Amendment rights and both gun prices and ammo shoots up.

Oddly enough, both official candidate positions are the same: plenty of laws on the books that can be enforced -- no need for new laws and bans. Romney is the only one who has actually worked actively to institute an assault weapons ban and signed it into law. Obama has been almost totally hands-off re: one's right to bear arms.

The NRA would never promote that little piece of truth!

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Stoke up fear of losing your 2nd Amendment rights and both gun prices and ammo shoots up.

Oddly enough, both official candidate positions are the same: plenty of laws on the books that can be enforced -- no need for new laws and bans. Romney is the only one who has actually worked actively to institute an assault weapons ban and signed it into law. Obama has been almost totally hands-off re: one's right to bear arms.

The NRA would never promote that little piece of truth!
You didn't see the debates? Nobama talked of reinstating the "assault weapon" ban, and going after "cheap" handguns.

·
Banned
108 Posts
You didn't see the debates? Nobama talked of reinstating the "assault weapon" ban, and going after "cheap" handguns.
AK's belong in the hands of soldiers, not on the streets, etc. I heard it. I don't agree with everything he says but his repeated, consistent statements (very few, by the way) have been in support of enforcing current laws. In any case, with this Congress nothing could get done except repealing Obamacare for a 34 time (!) and defunding Click and Clack.

Romney actually lobbied for and signed an assault weapons ban yet that is fine with everybody. Go figure. Wonder if something else is coloring judgment about the president.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Actually, I'm seeing evidence of just the opposite. Quite a bit of ammo out there on the Internet at sale prices.
Same here, I was down to Cabelas this weekend and they were running most of their ammo on sale and they had plenty of it...

The discounts were modest, yet a buck or two off their regular price helps.

As far as ammo shortages go, I believe you'd agree that those who got stung the last time around have wised up and have their ammo needs squared away.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
here we go again, Election time, here comes the big panic who will be the next one to lead our country for the next 4 years, With the 2008 election came higher ammo prices, everyone thinks that they will ban ammo or what ever to make the price higher, when obama came in 4years ago prices went threw the roof, I think with the panic were our own worst enemy, We drive the prices up thinkin its not going to be out there anymore. Bull I say, you ever hear of a Ammo company going out of business, no, If anything open some more ammo companys put people back to work. will keep are eyes out on prices
Fixed it for ya.

Romney wins = lower prices
Obama wins = higher prices.

Pretty much it.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Same here, I was down to Cabelas this weekend and they were running most of their ammo on sale and they had plenty of it...

The discounts were modest, yet a buck or two off their regular price helps.

As far as ammo shortages go, I believe you'd agree that those who got stung the last time around have wised up and have their ammo needs squared away.
Gosh, I'm seeing higher prices at all big box stores except WalMart (about the same when they aren't sold out). Internet seems to be the way to go in my neck of the woods, where there definitely is competition...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Gosh, I'm seeing higher prices at all big box stores except WalMart (about the same when they aren't sold out). Internet seems to be the way to go in my neck of the woods, where there definitely is competition...
Sounds like you aren't catching a break on pricing except at walmart...I've often wondered about how they come up with a price, you'd think it would be fairly uniform across the board. Yet I will find ammo on sale locally for less than it's offered on the internet. Seems odd...I'm not complaining...:D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Picked up a box of Federal 130gr 38 Special yesterday when wife purchased a new pistol $17.99(50) at LGS. Had to go Walmart today and picked another box, same exact price. Only box on the shelf.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I picked up a box of 100 round WWB .40 S&W, still $34.79. I needed to get some 38 special or 357 mag. but they only had one box each 100 round JHP. There were lots of boxes of every grain and manufacture in 9mm.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts