Ruger Forum banner

what up for ammo prices in 3days?

5K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Yiogo 
#1 ·
here we go again, Election time, here comes the big panic who will be the next one to lead our country for the next 4 years, With every election comes higher price on ammo, everyone thinks that they will ban ammo or what ever to make the price higher, when obama came in 4years ago prices went threw the roof, I think with the panic were our own worst enemy, We drive the prices up thinkin its not going to be out there anymore. Bull I say, you ever hear of a Ammo company going out of business, no, If anything open some more ammo companys put people back to work. will keep are eyes out on prices

#13 ·
Same here, I was down to Cabelas this weekend and they were running most of their ammo on sale and they had plenty of it...

The discounts were modest, yet a buck or two off their regular price helps.

As far as ammo shortages go, I believe you'd agree that those who got stung the last time around have wised up and have their ammo needs squared away.

#18 ·
Gosh, I'm seeing higher prices at all big box stores except WalMart (about the same when they aren't sold out). Internet seems to be the way to go in my neck of the woods, where there definitely is competition...
Sounds like you aren't catching a break on pricing except at walmart...I've often wondered about how they come up with a price, you'd think it would be fairly uniform across the board. Yet I will find ammo on sale locally for less than it's offered on the internet. Seems odd...I'm not complaining...:D

#5 ·
Bigger question is whether Barry will finally get the ammo tax he so badly wants.

His Chicago cronies were trying to push that through there just last week, as a violence tax to pay for health care.

Of course Barry doesn't bother with trying to pass legislation, he can just have the EPA institute a lead free fee, and instantly double the price of ammo, maybe triple (why think small). Hey, it's working for shutting down the coal industry.

Vote early and often.

#6 ·
I've been at several gun shops over the weekend and they all looked well stocked. Wally World is always a question mark. Shows that not many of us gun nuts are worried about post-November 6.

#8 ·
Had to make a quick stop at Wally World yesterday evening so I looked the ammo section over - supply about the same as expected for the end of a weekend. Prices the same. I bought a box of Federal AutoMatch and a 100 rd value pack of WWB 130gr 38 spcl. Didn't need either one but it never hurts to keep the ammo locker well stocked.

#9 ·
Stoke up fear of losing your 2nd Amendment rights and both gun prices and ammo shoots up.

Oddly enough, both official candidate positions are the same: plenty of laws on the books that can be enforced -- no need for new laws and bans. Romney is the only one who has actually worked actively to institute an assault weapons ban and signed it into law. Obama has been almost totally hands-off re: one's right to bear arms.

The NRA would never promote that little piece of truth!

#10 ·
You didn't see the debates? Nobama talked of reinstating the "assault weapon" ban, and going after "cheap" handguns.

#14 ·
here we go again, Election time, here comes the big panic who will be the next one to lead our country for the next 4 years, With the 2008 election came higher ammo prices, everyone thinks that they will ban ammo or what ever to make the price higher, when obama came in 4years ago prices went threw the roof, I think with the panic were our own worst enemy, We drive the prices up thinkin its not going to be out there anymore. Bull I say, you ever hear of a Ammo company going out of business, no, If anything open some more ammo companys put people back to work. will keep are eyes out on prices
Fixed it for ya.

Romney wins = lower prices
Obama wins = higher prices.

Pretty much it.

#21 ·
I reload most of my own ammo so, my need for factory ammo is modest to say the least. I do however buy the non reloadable stuff to run through a camp 45.

Which if you are familiar with the camp 45, know that they can really sling spent casings far and wide...not a good thing if you are wanting to reload them...

I picked up a box of Herters 230gr, .45ACP non reloadable aluminum cased nylon clad bullets for 19.99. they are CCI/Blazers sold under the Herters brand.

They cut ragged holes at 30 feet with the 1911 and I don't grumble if I miss a few of them picking up after the camp 45.

#23 ·
How can the supply of ammo hoarders be so huge? This has been going on for four years already. At what point are we going to run out of folks to buy vast amounts of more ammo?:confused:

At what point does a guy's wife tell him that he's not sleeping with her if he brings another box of ammo into their home which he's already turned into an armory.

#25 ·
Will be attending a large auction this Saturday. We'll see if the 'panic-buyers' show up to run the prices on the 'Assault' guns and ammo up.

I am watching a couple of items...Some 30 carbine ammo, and 44 mag also. And a couple of nice looking Henry Lever Brass 45LC's. Those don't appeal to the Zombie Victims buying squad, But the Saiga's will go High, as will anything that looks like an AR (and the ammo for them)

#27 ·
No problems here

Stopped in at Walmart today to pick up some vitamins and strolled into the sporting goods department. Checked out the ammo supply and everything was plentiful, 22LR, 9mm, 38SPL, 45 auto, .223, 7.62, etc. I picked up a 100 count box of Federal 55gr .223 rem for $34.97. The same price as a month ago. If we don't hoard and just buy ammo when we need it, there won't be any problem at all.
We were our own worst enemies 4 years ago. Otherwise rational people were running around screaming like little girls being chased by the bogeyman, buying up any ammo not nailed down. The panic buying helped drive up the price and cause shortages. Of course the increased ammunition use by the military due to the Afghanistan/Iraq wars didn't help the prices and supply. As it turned out, nothing really happened.

#28 ·
Been to two big boxes and one LGS in the last three days, lots of ammo stock, no change in prices. I did see that Sportsman's Warehouse now has the blue box Federal .22LR Value Pack for $20, same as Wally World.

Seventies this weekend, all I've bought is an extra box of .38 to use tomorrow at the range.......:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.