Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a site called www.theboxotruth.com which shows what various types of rounds and calibers actually do on walls, windshields, car doors, and even bullet resistant glass....worth looking at to see some "real world" results, may help us make some caliber/bullet type choices.....

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
If your not squeamish, I would recommend Bullets & Bodies as well. It's a old video shot in the 1980's on what different calibers do to the human flesh. Be warned, it is extremely graphic as it shows autopsy footage of everything from .22s to .50 BMG. I would love to find a dvd copy of it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
That 38+P --158 grain LSWHP fbi load by Remington looks pretty darn good don't it?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't seen Bullets& Bodies yet but been stocking up on the above bullet, jaredshs----been appx $28 per 50 but I've got about 5 bx laid in-bought 3 20-bx. Gold Dot .38+P for short barrels...still like the Rem better!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Sheepdog,
I haven't checked my local gun shop lately,but I will. The Rem is pretty high--Midway has it
for about $27.00 They also have Winchester for $29.00 but the shipping is high. I'll let you
know what my local gunshop says, he usually beats Midway by a bunch.

Shipping by UPS ground as about $13.00 for five boxes from Midway

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Also, I want to point out about load types, is the objective of the military is to injure only. An injured soldier takes two people to medically treat an injured soldier. So for ever 100 soldiers injured, you have a staff of 200 treating them. Now guess why the military uses ball ammo instead of JHPs?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct as a policy-incorrect as a theory-we value human life-other peoples often leave their wounded lying there for OUR troops to take prisoner, give first aid to, and carry---their own gov't could care less about them. (All said-JHP is my choice when I buy.) Our theory works against us!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Sheepdog is right. Most of the troops our armed forces are up against abandon their wounded and leave them for us to treat or bury. The ball ammo was mandated for all military, not just ours.

·
Registered
589 Posts
This is correct. The military uses ball ammo because it is mandated by international law. I also know that the military has ans probably still is doing a lot of testing to improve the effectiveness of their ammo and still comply with the rules.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
thanks sheepdog, nice to know what the ammo will do outside the factory lab.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.