Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about this. If PETA did get their wish and the whole world went vegan what do you think would happen? How much area would be clear cut to provide the food necessary to feed an entirely vegan world population? But, the other aspect of that is what do you do with all the animals that we are not eating now?

They (these former food animals) would now be in direct competition with people for the land area to grow our food and, at times, actually be in direct competition for the food its self.

The world population of common food animals is as follows (as gleaned from a quick internet search):

Cattle - 1.3 Billion
Chickens - 24 Billion
Domestic Turkeys - 660 million
Domestic Pigs - 918 million
Domestic Sheep - 1.03 Billion
Domestic Goats - 550 million

Now, since we're not eating these things any more what do you do with them? Do you kill them all? Well, that would be counter to what PETA wants. So, do you just turn them loose and let them go feral? If that was done how long do you think it would be before they breed out of control and exponentially increased these populations? What are they (the animals) going to eat? It seems to me that it wouldn't take long for a completely vegan population coupled with an out of control feral food animal population to completely denude the earth of all plants (either by eating them all or clear cutting to produce more which would just a quickly be consumed). Once all the plants are gone the world population of both people and animals would quickly die off from lack of food and lack of oxygen (or maybe excess Co2) since there no plants to produce oxygen (or consume Co2).

So, it looks to me like the psychos at PETA would be happy with the complete destruction of the world.

However, remember what God said about this...

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

On a side not here, just by looking at the world population of food animals it appears that if you want to save an animal species all you need to do is make it popular to eat.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Well I'm sure peta will provide birth control for all them critters. Planned parenthood of sorts. Cars will need to be outlawed so the now freed critters can free range without fear. Now the big question is will they be taxed for not having health insurance,? So many questions but the top one percent of critters will need to give their fair share of oats and hay to the 99 percent of swine that are struggling to root out a living on their own.

·
Registered
815 Posts
That is why anyone with half a brain should be able figure out this is why we need hunting. Without selective harvesting of certain species, their populations would go so large that the habitat would be destroyed and wouldn't be able to support them. So by PETA trying to save the animals, they are in effect, killing them off.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
That is why anyone with half a brain should be able figure out this is why we need hunting.

I don't believe PETA has a collective half a brain between them.....
What a pack of leftist Wallys.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Of course these people are ludicrous. I joined the other PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts