Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in socal a brick(500) of .22 will run about $17-19.

I am curious as to how much it goes for in your parts?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
depends on the brand Federals go for around $14.00 $15.00 Remmingtons are a bit higher by about $1.00 or $2.00.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had $75 worth of Bass Pro gift cards to use this past weekend. I got a box of Winchester Wildcats and Remington Golden Bullets for 19 bucks each. That seems to be the going price around here. They do have pretty good prices on powder (i.e. 1lb of Bullseye 19 bucks).

·
1,992 Posts
Well in the Bay Area, California the cheapest I have seen in a long while is $17.99 for some Remington Golden Bullet. I was AMAZED. The cheapest I can usually get it is $19.99 a brick for the Federal, CCI or Winchester and that is IF I can find it. The normal price is usually $23-$25 plus tax for any of the ammo I have mentioned above.

·
Registered
253 Posts
$19.00 for cheap stuff,,,,and that is way too much. I remember a few years back, I would buy a CASE ( 5000 rounds ) and get it delivered to my doorstep for $99.00 including delivery.

2 - 3 years ago when lead and brass were high on the commodities markets, ammo prices climbed up & up. NOW, lead and brass are way down from where they once were, yet ammo prices remain high. WAIT till the $5 a gallon gas kicks in and shipping costs go wacko!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought a couple bulk boxes of Federal 525 round Blue box for $12.99 right before Christmas. It was a sale price and they were sold out before I could get back for some more. I should have bought more when they had them because there was no limit.

·
Banned
130 Posts
here in mi. mostly are going for 15.00 per 500,,,glad to see it getting back to normal arround here,,for awhile like in your states primers were becomming scarse. i know some guys were paying 90.00 per 1000

·
Registered
59 Posts
The cheapest I have found here in my town (NorCal) is $18.97 for Federal Bulk Boxes at Walmart. The local gun store is asking $25-$30 for bricks of 500 Federal and Blazer. Ridiculous! I expect them to go up even higher and gouge us even more after Feb. 1. I also expect Walmart to stop selling ammo all together based on what their employees have told me.

I ordered a case of Federal .22LR 36gr HP (5250 rounds) on the internet for $159.99 w/free shipping. I think that is a reasonable price so they got my money.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts