Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I both carry 38s and decided on speed strips over speed loaders . I suspect they're all about the same but There's just an overwhelming amount of brands and reviews. Would really like to hear from revolver officianados that actually use them. We're not storming a beachhead just want an extra load out with current events, Thankyou in advance. Ken & Sandy

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,863 Posts
Since they are cheap, try a few. I like the eight-round strips by Tuffstrip. I leave a space between pairs of rounds. I carry these outdoors in a belt pouch for my wheelguns, and when I used to CCW my Kimber, I toted one, too.

My wife prefers these to a speed loader.

Also, see the recent review off a few new-fangled alternatives here, too:

I just ordered a K Pak for our S&W 64, in fact. we have several speed loaders we did not like in a drawer by the reloading bench. It comes down to what works best for a particular shooter and a particular gun.

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
822 Posts
I made my own with some thick, rubber gasket material I snagged out of my father in law's plumbing box. I cut a couple strips and punched holes using a spent .38 case and a hammer.

When I was trying out materials, I tried different things like leather or thinner plastic and rubber.

I started out using strips cut from margarine tub lids. They were good, but didn't last too long in my jean pocket.

You want something with some stiffness, but still pliable enough to roll over the rim when twisted.

Aqualung

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Stick with something like Bianchi or Quickstrips from Tuffproducts.

I once bought an unbranded set of speed strips off ebay and they hold the rounds well enough but are very bendable. Luckily I didn't pay much for them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered some Bianchi based on responses. Thankyou all I appreciate the help

·
Registered
855 Posts
Zetasix.com. kpak or regular speed loaders. Without question. I have carried several k-clip in my pocket for two weeks no rounds came loose and with a small amount of practice can be very fast to reload.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another vote for Bianchi. They work well, and mine have held up well over the years.

I still prefer speed loaders, cause, I might end up storming a beachhead...... ya just never know... lol

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
For .38/.357, Bianchi Speedstrip is the way to go. In my Speedstrip collection, I have a few that are about 30 years old, and still function well.

·
Registered
676 Posts
After a few years use in a subtropical place, I found that a few of the black ones began to shed small granules of themselves, just the kind of thing you don't want under an ejector star. Check them close from time to time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts