Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have anything in their yard besides holes? I still have the pink flamingo out. What is the most unusual thing you have seen in someones yard?

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Mushrooms.

Lots of 'em.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I don't know what's out there. When the snow melts in April I usually find all kinds of interesting and sometimes disgusting and smelly stuff.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
When I lived in Gulfport Mississippi we used to see a lot of bath tub Madonnas. For some reason folks down there would bury half of an old steel clawfoot tub and place a statue of the Virgin Mary in the part above ground.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I don't think there's anything odd in my yard right now but I'm sure my dog has left a nice surprise out there for a special someone :D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I had a Longhorn Bull named T-Bone in the yard for 7 or 8 years til he died...sad day

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nothing in my yard, just grass.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My yard backs to a marsh with wildlife and mosquitos.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Empty garden plots that in no time will be full of hops and barley along with some less nutritional edibles:D

·
Registered
714 Posts
A small number of wild turkeys, and a varying number of white tail deer.

·
Ironhat
287 Posts
A number of years ago after a winter of unusually deep snow, spring came with a surprise. It seems that a muskrat from our pond had burrowed in the snow and happened upon the chain link fence about a foot off of the ground and proceded through. That's where he died, unable to proceed forward or backward. Not knowing when he had stranded himself there I used a large stick to poke at the carcass. Good thing I did because he was a gelatinous mass inside that hide making it easy to dislodge him and allow the spillway to carry him away!! BTW, my girls were about 8 and 10 at the time and I can still hear them squeeling with disgust. :eek::D
Later,
Chiz

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
A number of years ago after a winter of unusually deep snow, spring came with a surprise. It seems that a muskrat from our pond had burrowed in the snow and happened upon the chain link fence about a foot off of the ground and proceded through. That's where he died, unable to proceed forward or backward. Not knowing when he had stranded himself there I used a large stick to poke at the carcass. Good thing I did because he was a gelatinous mass inside that hide making it easy to dislodge him and allow the spillway to carry him away!! BTW, my girls were about 8 and 10 at the time and I can still hear them squeeling with disgust. :eek::D
Later,
Chiz
LOL :D Greasy grimy gushy gopher guts. :p I walked around today & saw a lot of wild turkey poo. Darn things are cute to watch though.
Great Green Globs of Greasy Grimey Gopher Guts - YouTube

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I drove past an old guy's front yard that was packed with old windmills...
Just the top sections of those big windmills people used to pump water on farms.
He must have at least two dozen of them all in working order, spinning with the wind.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts