Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
{Deleted selling language & moved to correct forum}Ruger M77 MK ll " all weather " .223 rifle , ser# 790-63049. Bought it new several years ago , but never got around to using it and it's never had a round through it. It also has a Swift Scope Model 656M 3-9X, 40mm , attached , also new , bought it with the rifle. I would appreciate a comment (s) on its value.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You may get an answer on the rifle forum.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have recently (in the past 6 monthes) purchased two used Model 77 rifles. One is a 77/44 (44 mag) synthetic stock and SS. Scope rings but no scope. Owner claimed to have fired it "twice" and hung it up. No way to confirm that. I paid $500 cash for it. it is my personal deer gun here in Hoosierland.

Second, a 77 in 22-250. Labeled NIB, but had been "test-Fired" whatever that means. Has a 3x9x40mm Simmons scope mounted on it. An Auction gun, I paid $425 for it. I have not fired this gun myself, and will flip it sometime soon. Can't use it here in Indiana

A friend just parted with his 77 SS in 308 for $700...and his had been used for a year or two. I think the buyer overpaid, but the market jumps at times.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.....You may get a good Idea of what they are selling for on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
About 5 years ago I sold my Ruger M77 .223 Rem with a Laminate Stock & Tasco World Class 3-9x40 scope my rifle was new & not fired. I got $700.00 cash for this set up. Not certain where your rifle would compare as far as retail price but I hope this helps sounds like a nice rifle!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input on the M77 MKll. It's been a great help. Gave it to a local dealer on consignment and listed for $629.00 ( less 18% commission). Sounds like a ball park figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance you would sell it and ship it to an FFL? I am in Colorado and am looking for a rifle like yours. PM me if possible!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.