Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would see what some of you guys got planned. Myself, I will be traveling home (bout and hour and a half away) Stay at the folks house for a few days during Christmas, then to the inlaws! When I get home, the buddies and I get together for a game of hockey, been doing it for over 25 yrs! Then we sit back have a few soda pops and talk about the past, great times.Christmas day is spent with the family, good times and good food! On Boxing day, (weather permiting) my dad, son, brother and I go out plinking with my guns, what ever I brought down or get new:D. If too much snow or what ever, then we get the sleds out!I love this time of year, not just Christmas, the holidays and friends and family. I see the holiday spirit as I did years ago through my son who is 7yrs old! For me I got a week of it and enjoy every minute of it! Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Depending on how my wife is doing and feeling. We may stay home and just relax, take a drive to watch the Elk, Deer and Antelope or maybe even do a little shooting. It's all up to her. Hope you all guys have a nice peaceful Christmas.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That sounds like a good way to spend Christmas 2400. Kathy and I haven't had to travel for the holidays the last few years. The kids drop in on Christmas eve so we'll be able to lay around on Christmas day and relax, might even make a pot of chili.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My wife and I, just don't like to go anywhere else at Christmas but here in Montana. I think Whitedog can testify to what being here during Christmas is like.

The magic of a country Cowboy Christmas is somewhat un-explainable, I guess one can if they have lived it, kinda like the Cowboy Way of things, it has to be lived its not a style or fashion. But I know the Mrs would love to just have an old fashion sleigh ride, and get back to a cabin with hot chocolate for her, and of course coffee for me, and would be nice to have songs in the background of Michael Martin Murphey - Cowboy Christmas: Cowboy Songs I and II.

Dashing Through The Snow ~ At The Hystoric 320 Guest Ranch

320 Guest Ranch
205 Buffalo Horn Creek
Gallatin Gateway, Montana 59730
406-995-4283 | 800-243-0320
http://www.guidebookamerica.com/news/dashing_through_the_snow/index.htm

Ah its just another Montana Country Christmas around here.....

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Will spend it at home with the kids and grandkids. I'm sure we will wind up on the Ranch shooting sometime during the day. Have for years. My two best christmas gifts, besides being healthy, is Christmas Dinner and watching the grandkids opening their presents. :D

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Sharon and I will be home for Christmas. Both our folks are gone now. My step-son, daughter-in-law and grandson will be there. Ma always cooks up a Thanksgiving-type feast. We'll open presents early Christmas day, clean up the aftermath and then eat way too much. I usually spend the afternoon with my grandson playing with his latest toys. Mostly we'll just be thankful for family, friends and good health.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Most of our Christmas eve is a big bunch of family and friends eating and opening presents. Christmas is just the family doing it all over again. This year is going to be a little off as Grandpa is still in the hospital. Our best present would be for him to get well.

·
jlweems
278 Posts
I'm not sure what mrs38's work schedule is, but I am off the entire week. On the days that she is working, I will mill aimlessly about getting into trouble.

Her family throws a huge shindig every year that draws a lot of the town; so, I'm sure we'll go home for that. We'll also go home for family gatherings and such. Our respective families live about four miles from each other on the same road; so, it's easy to see both bunches.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bought a new trailer( ya I will be trailer trash) setting it on my sons seven acres. Will be putting in treatment plant, running 130 feet of under gound service wire, move 37 years worth of junk. Up side will have a outdoor range.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Pops 1

Bought a new trailer( ya I will be trailer trash) setting it on my sons seven acres. Will be putting in treatment plant, running 130 feet of under gound service wire, move 37 years worth of junk. Up side will have a outdoor range.
Ain't nuttin wrong wit trailer trash! I lived in a double-wide for 21 years. I don't envy your work over the holidays, but I sure do envy your outdoor range!
Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts