Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am in search of clear 10rd banana mags for 10/22 by Butler Creek. Several websites I have visited state that they have been discontinued by BC. Does anyone have any info on what is going on with them?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have maybe half a dozen perhaps even a full dozen 25 rounders still in the original packaging. I don't know if I have any clear ones. I primarily use Ruger mags and haven't had an problems so why mess with success. Maybe it's time to ebay. I wonder it they'll get a sucker for their CA compliant 10 rounder. I read the listing and they sold 10 but at what price.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
No, that 1 ten rounder is $99. 25 round mags are still reasonable, seems like $25 or so at Midway. Did Ruger offer a non-rotary 10 round at one time for better grip? Seems like I used to see them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have never seen a ten round non rotary 1022 mag. Only rotary ten round then straight 15 round next the banana shaped 25 round mags. The ten round rotary have been a staple for 1022s

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your input and yes I am ashamed to say this m&%(#))(#$g state went to 10. I have some old butler creek 10 round banana mags that work fine. I tried contacting BC to no avail so I just cannot justify rewarding bad behaviour. Tired of beating my head against a wall, I succumbed and ordered a dozen clear ones from Buds. Decent price. If they are defective, I will contact Ruger. The Hot Lips supposedly are notorious for being troublesome that is why they have the Steel Lips. The hot lips allegedly is discontinued. But yet, people complain about the clear Rugers vs the black ones in 10rd. Thanks again and happy shooting.......a very disgusted firearms instructor.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My bulter creek mags havent given me an issue in thousands of rounds. Good luck. Do you have a pick or link to the 10 round single stack you speak of. I cant find it anywhere.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sorry to gear about your state taking that route. Id say stay with ruger rotary 10 round mags. You can clip them together with a three way clip. I find the 10 round rotary to be the most reliable.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You could take apart a 25 Round hot lips and put a dowel stick in it and make it a 10 rounder like a 12 gauge dove gun. Some of the reduced capacity AR mags just have a long follower. I have a 5 round mag which is just a 10 round mag with a 30 round spring.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts