Ruger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

· Registered
17,034 Posts
Not my favorite but definitely the ugliest. Hi-Point 380 belonged to my daughter. She thanks it's cursed so she gave it to me for safe keeping. We call it the Club.
View attachment 186741
Hi-Points ... made probably 60 or so miles south of me. I always wished they were something us Buckeyes could be proud to call our own ... sigh

· Registered
2,675 Posts
My ugly gun was a RAPC in 9mm, but in the midst of the pandemic, my nephew needed something and I didn't want him to get gouged, so I sold it to him. The rest that I have are not ugly
SR1911 fullsize
SR1911 officer (I did add hogue grips to make it fit better; makes it less pretty, but not really ugly)
10/22 takedown
Mark IV Lite (gold)
And my oldest; a Mossberg 500 that I have had for 25 years

· Registered
598 Posts
Well, I guess I could earn frequent flyer miles if I just drove the 60 miles or so to the factory for warranty service ...
Made in US,Rated +P, Real Life Time Warranty and Cheap (≈ $160). If I were on a tight budget and needed a pistol I would by one. Google Hi-Point Pistol Torture Test. Due to the size and weight the simple blowback .380 has a surprisingly light felt recoil. The slide is smooth and easy to operate but the exterior finish is a little rough ( polishing increases labor cost). The sights aren't bad, I'm able to consistently ring my 8" diameter pipe gong at 25 yds. It also makes a nice club for close quarter non lethal protection from abusive husbands. Note my ex son-in-laws DNA on the slide in my original post #20.
It now lives in a kitchen drawer as one of our many cheap stash guns.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Automotive wheel system

· Registered
17,034 Posts
Made in US,Rated +P, Real Life Time Warranty and Cheap (≈ $160). If I were on a tight budget and needed a pistol I would by one. Google Hi-Point Pistol Torture Test. Due to the size and weight the simple blowback .380 has a surprisingly light felt recoil. The slide is smooth and easy to operate but the exterior finish is a little rough ( polishing increases labor cost). The sights aren't bad, I'm able to consistently ring my 8" diameter pipe gong at 25 yds. It also makes a nice club for close quarter non lethal protection from abusive husbands. Note my ex son-in-laws DNA on the slide in my original post #20.
It now lives in a kitchen drawer as one of our many cheap stash guns.

View attachment 186771
glad it's HIS dna and not your daughters Mitch ...

· Registered
598 Posts
glad it's HIS dna and not your daughters Mitch ...
Thanks! That was many years ago. She actually disarmed him (attempted suicide by cop) during an argument then he foolishly attacked her. She broke his nose and gave him a scar across the forehead to remember her by. During her interview with the police, when the responding officer commented on the extent of his injuries. She replied "My daddy didn't raise me to take a man beating on me."
Back on topic not actually ugly but a little on the cheeky side. This was an impulse buy I bought on sale a few years ago when I was picking up my M1A. It's my wife's favorite color and matches her Bikini Jeep Wrangler. She wasn't that impressed. It lives in the foyer roll top desk drawer as another cheap stash gun.
Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood

· Registered
17,034 Posts
Thanks! That was many years ago. She actually disarmed him (attempted suicide by cop) during an argument then he foolishly attacked her. She broke his nose and gave him a scar across the forehead to remember her by. During her interview with the police, when the responding officer commented on the extent of his injuries. She replied "My daddy didn't raise me to take a man beating on me."
Back on topic not actually ugly but a little on the cheeky side. This was an impulse buy I bought on sale a few years ago when I was picking up my M1A. It's my wife's favorite color and matches her Bikini Jeep Wrangler. She wasn't that impressed. It lives in the foyer roll top desk drawer as another cheap stash gun.
View attachment 186775
As the saying goes Mitch ... "a man that hits a woman is no man" ... glad you taught your offspring the proper way to handle things ...

· Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Ugly guns try harder. Ugly guns are always there when you need them. Ugly guns look even worse with grip condoms. View attachment 186677
Corndog, I busted up on the "grip condom". I'm still smiling. My ugly Glock practices "safe grip". :ROFLMAO: This is my favorite camping and hiking pistol. 100% reliable. I shoot this pistol pretty darn good. I can trust my life to it. It really is about the most "worn" looking pistol I have.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

21 - 40 of 82 Posts