Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I named my newest gun the Glock 19 Gen4 FDE "Lola" cuz she "walks like a woman but talks like a man". Just like your favorite car, ur favorite guns gotta have a nickname!

·
Registered
530 Posts
My m-16 in the marines was named Karin after a high school crush who was way to old for me :).

Current guns don't really have a name except I call my Kimber the drool maker cause all my friends drool all over her.

My 686 might think her name is WOW HEE HEE HEE cause that's what I say every time I pull the trigger.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I refer to my two Bearcats mentally as #1 and #2. As close as I get to naming a gun. Number One has the lowest serial, and the pivot screw slots are parallel. Number Two's aren't.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't name any of mine, but my wife was saying something the other night about my next one being called "Cause for Divorce". At least that is what I think she said, was surfing Gunbroker, and not paying attention.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I don't name mine but I have a friend that names his. It makes sense because he owns a dozen AR15's and they look similar. Naming them is a practical way of knowing which is which. Plus he names them after hard metal music songs.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Bada Bing ... and Bada Boom.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I don't name my guns... but I scream P O S if they don't shoot right...even if it is my fault they err'd.:(:mad::(

Don't be alarmed, I was a teacher for 34 years, and stopped myself from yelling that at countless young people over those years. I don't yell at my wife or my dogs, so all that left are the guns. They seem to forgive my outbursts.:p

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
The manufacturer already named mine.
I find it very convenient. It helps me identify them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have a .44 mag revolver I call "Dirty Harry" (I know,kind of cheezy but oh well)so my wife named her .357 mag "Junior"!!
:D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I don't name any of mine, but my wife was saying something the other night about my next one being called "Cause for Divorce". At least that is what I think she said, was surfing Gunbroker, and not paying attention.
Now that's real funny right there!

(Maybe because it hits close to home.)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Only my Rugers have names:

1. SP101 4" .357 magnum: "Big Ben"

2. LCR .38 +p: "Lil' Bad Boy"

3. SR 22p: "Bob"

4. 10/22 carbine: "Bandit"

All named by my wife!

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Gun names

:)Depends. If I'm having trouble with it or can't hit anything with it, I have names I can't print here:D Other than that, the only gun I have a name for is my 10 gauge double that we call "old snot drooler":D:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've only "officially" named one of mine, an 870 Marine Magnum with the Knoxx Spec Ops stock and topped with a Rhino Rail. I affectionately call her "The Meatgrinder". If I happen to run out of 00 buck and start swinging, she's gonna leave an ugly mark on contact and collect some serious DNA. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts