Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose that your favorite knife manufacturer went out of business. What knife company would you then turn to for your knives? Me, I'm a Cold Steel fan, and I don't buy any other brand....but if they ever closed down, I think I'd be looking at Spyderco. How about you?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Spyderco FIRST-Then Cold Steel! LOL!

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the other hand, in such a situation, I might also give SOG a look-see as well.

·
Administrator
23,652 Posts
For a folding knife I have a Kershaw 1660 and if I lose that (like I did the last one) I'll get a Moore Maker folder. For fixed blade hunting I have a knife made by S Texas knifemaker Jack Sarnik and to me, that is the perfect deer knife. I used a buck Vanguard for years and still own it but come deer season it gets left behind.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Wow, so many choices. My favorite depends on what I'm carrying for my EDC at the moment.
I have Spyderco, Benchmade, SOG, Cold Steel, Zero Tolerance and a few others... all good.

I'll say if Benchmade closed down I'd have to go with Spyderco as my next choice...

However right now I'm loving the Zero Tolerance assisted-opening folder I bought for myself for Christmas.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Sog first, Buck second.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,953 Posts
I have a Kershaw clone made in China and have been carrying it for 12 - 14 years.
Don't remember how I got it -- probably from the Web
I love it.
I use it every day for something.
If I ever lose it (I don't think I can break it) I would look at Kershaw first for a clone of my Chinese clone.......:p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.