Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love showing off the wheel guns so I thought I’d start a thread I could add to later. This is the road so far…

Ruger Blackhawks 6.5” in .357 mag
Revolver Vertebrate Product Air gun Trigger

Ruger Blackhawk Bisley Convertibles 5.5” in 45 Colt / 45 Acp
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Font

Ruger Single-Six Bisleys 6.5” in 22LR
Product Silver Bicycle part Everyday carry Metal

North American Arms “Hogleg” 6” in 22LR / .22 Mag
Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

Ruger Super Blackhawk Buntline Bisley Conversion 10.5” in .44 mag
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Smith & Wesson 8-3/8” in 460 & 500 magnum.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Personal care Gun accessory

Uberti Cattleman Buntline 18” in .45 Colt
and Cimarron / Uberti “Wyatt Earp” Frontier Buntline 10” in .45 Colt
Wood Tool Hardwood Gun accessory Auto part

Uberti Stallion Target 5.5” in .22LR / .22 Mag
Musical instrument Trigger String instrument Shotgun Wood

Taurus Model 44, 8-3/8” in 44 Mag (this one is getting a facelift)
Everyday carry Revolver Air gun Gun accessory Knife

Heritage Rancher in .22LR
Wood Tool Table Tints and shades Hardwood

To be continued…

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you even shoot them?
All the time. This is typical range day in the backyard with wife and boys. Its typical to run through 700-1500rds depending on what we are shooting. Obviously, the semi-autos go through ammo faster. I bring out a table of whatever I want to shoot and any requests from who's going out. Lay them out on the table and you just walk by and pickup what you feel like shooting like a buffet, load it up and go. I have 5 lanes on my range.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Toy

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice. I love to see wheel gun collections. Great pastime that gets overlooked too often. I had a Black Cherry Wrangler but it got sold. Also had a 4" 500 mag I sold and upgraded to the 8-3/8". I figure you're going to shoot the worlds most powerful handgun, do it from a long barrel, haha.

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
All the time. This is typical range day in the backyard with wife and boys. Its typical to run through 700-1500rds depending on what we are shooting. Obviously, the semi-autos go through ammo faster. I bring out a table of whatever I want to shoot and any requests from who's going out. Lay them out on the table and you just walk by and pickup what you feel like shooting like a buffet, load it up and go. I have 5 lanes on my range.
View attachment 163438
nice ... will you adopt me?

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
Very nice. I love to see wheel gun collections. Great pastime that gets overlooked too often. I had a Black Cherry Wrangler but it got sold. Also had a 4" 500 mag I sold and upgraded to the 8-3/8". I figure you're going to shoot the worlds most powerful handgun, do it from a long barrel, haha.
wheel guns have really started to grow on me ... they make me slow down and just enjoy the shooting ...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brass doesn’t seem to fly as far from wheel guns either :) View attachment 163443 View attachment 163444
Nice. I really love the grip on a S&W 686. I don't know what it is but it just feels like it belongs in my hand. I hesitated when I saw a 6" 686 at a local shop. Was like $800. I think I picked up a 1911 thinking I come back the next time and get it. Haven't seen one since. That was 2 years ago. Now they are $900-$1000 online if you can find one.

I ended up buying the 357 Tracker and the model 44 while I wait for the price to drop on the 686 and 629

1 - 20 of 42 Posts