1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
3. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: "I'm fixing to
go to the store "
4. All the festivals across the state are named
after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.
5. You install security lights on your house and
garage and leave both unlocked.
6. You know what a "DAWG" is.
7. You carry jumper cables in your car...for your OWN car.
8. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, Tabasco and ketchup. (Can't forget the Cavender's too)
9. The local papers cover national and international news on one page but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
10. You think that the first day of deer season is
a national holiday.
11. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm".
12. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer
13. You know whether another ARKIE is from north or south as soon as they open their mouth.
14. Going to Wal-mart is a favorite pasttime known as goin' Wal-martin or off to Wally World.
15. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good pinto-bean weather.
16. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola or pop..it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinda coke you want?"
17. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
18. We don't need no stinking driver's ed....if our mama says we can drive, we can drive.
19. You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from ARKANSAS (and those who just wish they were). Not EVERYONE can be an ARKIE; it's an art form and a gift from God!
And that's the truth