Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a local gun store the other day. It's a pretty small place but the guy's cool and I enjoy it. There were a couple of other guys there and we were just talking guns. He told us he had put this together that morning and was going to put it on Facebook that day for sale.

So I hear high heels coming up behind me. It's the owner's wife.
"So you got it done huh"
"Yeah, it was pretty easy really."
"Well good but it's NOT coming home."

Apparently all three of us customers were married because we all were dying.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Scary! :eek:

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Shooting the M2 in the army was a lot of fun . :)

That's some pretty serious firepower.

My Grandpap said they had Quad .50 AAA mounted in 1/2 tracks in WW2. And since german air power was pretty scarce in Europe, they used them for anti infantry protection at night when they coiled up the tanks for the night. If they knew that there were German troops opposite them, and knew the Germans also knew they were in that position, just about dark , they would rip off a couple burst into the germans area. Just to let them know they had a Quad .50. And there would be NO Germans trying to attack or probe them that night. He said they were absolutely terrified of the Quad .50 cal.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Shooting the M2 in the army was a lot of fun . :)

That's some pretty serious firepower.

My Grandpap said they had Quad .50 AAA mounted in 1/2 tracks in WW2. And since german air power was pretty scarce in Europe, they used them for anti infantry protection at night when they coiled up the tanks for the night. If they knew that there were German troops opposite them, and knew the Germans also knew they were in that position, just about dark , they would rip off a couple burst into the germans area. Just to let them know they had a Quad .50. And there would be NO Germans trying to attack or probe them that night. He said they were absolutely terrified of the Quad .50 cal.
We had Quad 50's in Nam. Brought smoke on Mr Charles. My PC had 3, 2 mounted and 1 for when we dismounted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts